Some perspective - yep, this is bad

then get flogged in the finals

You reckon that’s going to happen???

As ■■■■■ as we are, the game has devolved a little more this year so that’s all about midfield ferocity and repeat pressure acts… everything else is a distant second. Teams that had an average back six and could not kick a goal to save themselves (Collingwood) are now world beaters. We’ve picked an exceptionally bad time to have a shxt soft midfield. Mind you, writings been on the wall for a while as to where the game was going… indictment on recruiting and on the current coaching who’ve been there long enough to know.

1 Like

So what’s this place going to be like when we get dismantled by the Hawks to the tune of 100pts on the weekend?

No changes for mine.

6 Likes

Same as usual.

That also goes for the club itself. We could get melted every game for the next 6 rounds and the most we’d get from the club is “yeah look it’s pretty disappointing isn’t it?”

100pt belting by Hawthorn would not be a surprise given our current form.
Disappointing - for sure.
Sad - yep.

If we then get thrashed by Fark Carlton next week, then that would be a surprise given where Fark Carlton are at with their development and form. And that would be a massive concern if that is an accurate reflection of where we sit.

As I said already, this week we need to fight it out for 4 qtrs.

and in answer to your question - this place is going to be crazy.

People actually think the game plan is going to work if we just stick with it? Literally every single aspect of our football is bad under this current game plan. When has a team ever came from pretty much the worse team in the comp to a contender following the same plan. I understand teething problems and a few close losses with a new game plan, but we are getting absolutely smashed every week even by ordinary sides. It will never work, throw it out before it ruins the whole season.

1 Like

I see much reference to the game plan in this thread. Given the game ‘plan’ is different to how we are currently playing, and given the media’s description of our plan (use corridor to run the ball out of the backline) is both simplistic and incomplete (what’s the plan if the ball’s not in the backline or if we don’t have it?), can someone please explain to me what our game plan is, so that we all know what we are critiquing.

2 Likes

Blitz Q&A with Mark Neeld! Make it happen!

4 Likes

Being beaten by Carlton (and I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN) would be the catalyst for things to get very nasty. I suspect then that the pressure on the club would reach Saga levels.

I reckon we stick with the same game plan (whatever it is) until such time that it becomes by default the new winning game style. We will be way ahead of the pack and all the other teams will be trying to copy us!

3 Likes

I cannot understand why any supporter would give up on the team for this year. They’re playing like crap. There’s something very wrong that’s making them play without any belief or confidence or heart. Whatever has caused this can be found and eradicated.

3 Likes

My favourite times were when we pinned our hopes on Leroy Jetta, Tom Hislop, Kyle Reimers, Scott Gumbleton, Jay Neagle (@westozziebomber favourite) etc.

Good times had by all.

1 Like

a cameo by jay nash too. great times.

How can anyone say that this is clearly the.best list weve had in ages? Apart from wins and losses, how is it possible to make that assessment objectively?

cos its the best you gloomer

1 Like

I was just thinking reading your post good thing, its a very good we drafted Stringer, Smith and Saad isn’t it? Or could we get worse?

1 Like

All I remember of Jay Neagle is watching him play at VFL, and THAT play-on-non-goal against Geelong. Was like a sliding doors moment. (Note, I didn’t say it was, but it felt like one.)

Reimers- what happened there? One minute flattening the Blues, gets flicked, expresses concerns with the Purple One about what he has taken, not charged as part of the J34, gets an offer at Pr*nces Park but doesn’t attend. Chip could have another book out of him.