Some perspective - yep, this is bad

For me it was 4 key positions all been AA.

Midfield if Heppel, Zerret, Smith, parish, Mcg, Raz, Zaka and Goddard looks good.

Plenty of other talented kids that were 2nd rounders coming through in VFL

I thought we were only missing a top line tuck and inside bull. But really a lot of proven talent all over the park and I thought with large scope of improvement to come.

I can’t remember having that much talent coming through the midfield in recent years.

1 Like

And for mine this is the simplest reason we’re struggling. Raz is injured, Zerret is having a shocker, McG and Parish not quite ready. Add Joe injured and that’s why we’re down. It’s not becuase Myers is playing instead of Langford. It’s our top half dozen or so are all having terrible years.

2 Likes

Just wait til Essendon lie down and hand Carlton their first win of the season.

This is as certain as the sun rising each day in the east

2 Likes

I’m putting some cash on Carlton will numb the pain.

Not really. Neither would a loss to St Kilda or Norf.

1 Like

If we don’t show any ticker this week and lose badly Carlton will smell blood in the water. Losing to them after that and ohhhh boyyyy

1 Like

if we lose the next 2 - look out.

Line in the sand game in 2 weeks.

100 pt loss this weekend is a given.

Agree with pretty much everything in the OP.

The screwed. I feel like we missed our window when we still had fletch ryder hibberd and carlisle…

Put those players in our team with jobe in his prime and that is premiership contention

2 Likes

Yep; insurance for general mood and wellbeing, will chuck $100 on Carlton

Lack of resilience by the supporters probably.

1 Like

I am going to keep saying it, we have to become Ruthless. Club should know after 3years if player not up to it. Out at years end smack jerrett, green, langers, Laverde, goddard, bags, looney,

As Joni Mitchell said:

And I dreamed I saw the Bombers
Riding shotgun in the sky
And they were turning into butterflies
Above our nation
We are stardust

Sydney 14 of 15 years finals.

Geelong 9 of 10.

But yes bottoming out works so well wasting the careers of good players.

concession central and bottomed out before bomber built an absolute unit of a core group?

1 Like

It may have escaped your attention, but the Swans get all the help from the maggots that is the exact opposite of how they treat us.

You see, it is all about the need the AFL has to keep a successful team in Snydey. And they don’t care what happens to a profitable Victorian club that always accepts and certainly never complains about what the AFL dishes up to them.

But what will come first: that or the heat death of the universe?

1 Like

maybe keeping themselves out of the finals is doing both them and us a favour? letting us have a year off having to watch

Nope they played finals in 2000 which was during their list building phase.

Well don’t worry about us bottoming out. In the last 15 years we’ve qualified for finals more times than richmond or the bulldogs and we’ve finished in the bottom four fewer times. No chance of a good player wasting their career at Essendon.

3 Likes