Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 1, May 2019)

Why?

Have you been watching all the Hawthorns game this year. you can’t be seriously, thinking that clarkson is a good coach. his had his time in the sun is over

:joy::joy::joy:

I would rather the CEO and Board go. Tonight.

3 Likes

Criminals - taking our membership/sponsorship dollars - without putting an effort in ; can’t execute basic skills.

Under 11s would be better kicks at goal than Sterwart & Langford …

1 Like

All those ‘old guys’ play like 25 year olds and set a platinum standard for the clubs youngsters. Everyone of them a leader. Compare to our veterans and is it any wonder our young guys barely develop over 4 years on the list.

3 Likes

Because he’s utterly failed at the task given him, and while keeping him in as a mentor was a nice idea it was only given to him so he could see out his contract.

It really would be the honourable thing to do.

7 Likes

At this point in the season it wouldn’t mean much really.

1 Like

Campbell and Dodoro have to go. It’s not too late to put together a highly qualified list review committee to manage the forthcoming trade period. Dodoro cannot under any circumstances be allowed near this year’s draft.

We have 20 players whose contracts expire this year.

Saad, McGrath, Phillips, Ham, Crauford, Mosquito, Townsend, Stewart, Laverde, Ridley, Begley, Mutch, Langford, Gleeson, Hibberd, Gown, McKernan, Bellchambers, Cutler, Snelling

Of this 20, I would only keep Saad, McGrath, Crauford, Ridley, Langford and Snelling. Mosquito, well we gotta keep him but will likely miss the entire 2021 season. So he goes on to the LTI list.

So out of the 20…13 have to go, delist, trade, retire.

5 Likes

I agree, its to late now. No point with 2 games left and he isn’t the one the call needs to be made on.

1 Like

Agreed!!!

Yep, one constant in the last 16 years.

4 Likes

But the task given him was to shepherd Rutten through his first year. Guide him through all the off field stuff that as an assistant coach for only a few years he doesn’t know how to navigate. To stand up in public and take the heat while Rutten establishes himself. To be available as a sounding board if Rutten wants one. Personally I can’t see how he has failed.

I wouldn’t have kept him on this year myself, but they did, and from what I’ve seen, he’s done what was asked of him.

And for mine, the honourable thing to do, is to actually do the job you agreed to do. He’s not costing us anything but money. Which is more than can be said for a few others.

7 Likes

No problem with him going. But also player development is appalling so whoever does that joins him.

9 Likes

The effort from our players is just horrendous. There is absolutely no leadership at this club, no one steps up or even looks like they give a s@#t. Where to from here? How could you possibly know, when the simplest of tasks, effort, is something you can’t rely on. People say it can turn around quickly but that is wishful thinking, we have been putting in displays like today for the last 15 years.

1 Like

Like I said needs to be burnt to the ground and started again. Coaching, Board, Recruiting, Development, playing list.

Burn it all down and build it again.

2 Likes

@bigallan do you know the rules governing our Board? How can supporters call for a spill of the Board?

I would legit start a petition for it.

2 Likes

No won’t going to accuse Worsfold of being a genius .because he’s a brain dead and Clueless idiot, for the last 5 years

Members would have some rights around that surely?

The club will try and get through the season.
Quickly pretend they don’t exist.

We’ll get a bunch of shiny new recruits… Daniher will re-sign. The marketing department will show us unbelievable highlights packages of our players during the summer… to get us pumped up and missing football.

Everyone has their membership automatically rolled over.

Rinse and repeat. Nothing changes.

3 Likes