Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 1, May 2019)

JOE DAN 3 YEARS IMMINENT

Except selling footy merchandise.

Be sure to get your limited edition Cale Hooker #200 Game Shiraz today to drown out your sorrows for the last 2 games of the season.

2 Likes

No mate.

But nothing would surprise me there…its a shambles.

1 Like

Injuries were the excuse early on.

Now we have most of our list back I wonder what they will think of next.

1 Like

Essendon should let the Blitz community do an internal review of the club.

7 Likes

Even then I think he would have been the wrong choice. We had a unique opportunity where a young coach could have come in with zero short term expectations & created his own team & legacy. Wanting to simply steady the ship & take the easy option is exactly what is wrong with the club - no real vision just short term fixes.

2 Likes

Do you think it’s high time to start discussing on here the terms of the deal that the club struck with the saga players not to sue the club? And how the details of that deal might have set us back on the field another decade?

I’ve heard the rumours. I’m sure others must have too?

9 Likes

they’ve already rolled into the ‘learning a new gameplan’ routine.

next year it will be about ‘making no apologies for playing young players’ etc etc.

et farking cetera.

1 Like

Fair points. We took a chance with Sheedy and look what happened. I’m more upset we renewed Woosha.

I think the aftermath of the saga the club gets a little leeway for 2017. There was no precedence for what we went through.

But a new, young and hungry coach could have been good. I’m worried through because the Board effectively stayed the same, the recruitment and development stayed the same, whoever coached was doomed to begin with.

3 Likes

Wrong.

we went into a game against Geelong without any plans to win the game,really Geelong only got one forwards who’s in form and that is Tom Hawkins. So who you think Geelong players are going to be kicking to, we know that Worsfold is no Einstein. You didn’t have to be blind Freddy to predict. That 50% of Geelong game plan was to kick it to Tom Hawkins, we got too many soft players, merrett a coward ?I’m sick of watching him when some team put pressure he loses his balls,and.shiel should not go nowhere near the centre square because he might break a finger nail you can see that Hurley hooker football career is fast approaching to the end

I will handle worsfolds trip back to Perth…

Just ignore her, she’s got no idea.

1 Like

“It’s going to happen quickly”

I know 1 player that was part of the 34 and although he refuses to state just what the terms were and how much he got, I can say it wasn’t that generous. It seemed to be enough to help him move on with his life and he still holds EFC in high regard. I can’t see or be aware of any ongoing issues with his deal for himself or the club.

This is the team at half time, what kinda culture is that? Wtf is so funny at half time that they can all have a laugh 59 points down?

10 Likes

Definitely looks like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

We farken get paid to dish this shyte up ha ha ha ha ! Hows that time I didn’t even compete in the marking contest but then threw my hands up like I was actually disappointed lol lol lol, these morons have been falling for that one for a decade ha ha ha.

9 Likes

Seriously? That’s half time. Heppell can GAGF. Take that ■■■■ back to Leongatha you mohawk dud.

12 Likes

That photo is a big worry.

3 Likes