Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 1, May 2019)

absolutely

There is no way we will win next week.

Not one.

2 Likes

Random piece of trivia: the last time we improved (in terms of wins) twice in a row was 1999 & 2000. Ever since then, a year of improvement has been followed by a drop away.
(technically there wasn’t a drop away from 17 to 18, same number of wins but lower percentage)

4 Likes

One of the few things I admire about the tin rattlers.

2 Likes

Holy moley! Thanks for that.

The mystery is how can our fearless leaders say that record is driving purposeful innovation?

1 Like

Doesn’t specify which direction we’re driving.

1 Like

Between the happy clappers and the gloomers

There is some really good analysis here, about culture and on field

I hope the club actually takes notice and doesn’t flog it off as internet ramblings

The first step this club needs to do is take a massive glass of pride and swallow it.

Once that happens they can understand that they got the coach, list, fitness, strategic goals, operational goals all wrong and simply saying ‘we are essendon’ isn’t going to cut it.

7 Likes

why do we have long on our list.
This should not be a thing.

3 Likes

I mean, it could be worse. We could be Melbourne!

They were expected to be premiership contenders this season and instead are bottom four.

2 Likes

I’m not that smart. But I’m bored with it.

Honestly, Essendon is just boring right now. Boring to watch and boring to support.

I may be moving back at some point soon, and I’ll certainly hang around matches again for awhile, but I’m not all that enthusiastic these days… my kids are just getting to the age where they might start showing interest. I told my oldest one that he can support Essendon at his own risk, lol.

2 Likes

They have the blinkers on. Board and management are only interested in dollars. Most of the coaching panel have not kept up with contemporary game day tactics and are hanging on by their fingernails. The body language of the players is disturbing to say the least. They really look disillusioned. This Club is in a real mess!

6 Likes

when did the club that used to pioneer indigenous rights become such a whitewashed organisation?

8 Likes

this is spot on

6 Likes

My son who is 9 last night said “dad I’m sick of the bombers”:flushed:

I’ve actually fallen asleep a couple times while watching.

Granted, they come on late at night here, but still…

1 Like

Take him to VFL M or W (or both) or watch when televised.

2 Likes

:frowning_face:

I don’t want to have to face that.

Under Hird

Your son is wise beyond his years.

So we are blaming on field performance on e-sports?