Something seriously wrong with the club (Part 1, May 2019)

you’ve bought into shakas taking us somewhere.

The premiership cups are strategically placed opposite the bombershop to give you a euphoric feeling to help relieve you of your hard earned.

1 Like

I thought they were saying “we are Essington”.

The point was we get nothing but emotion. Of course it isnt an investment. I was attempting to subtly refer to the fact that our benefits are emotional not financial. Sorry if subtlety is not your strong suit. Maybe read a few books.

Try as we might, we still havent purged the saga from the club. Long contracts to the returning saga guys has killed any ambition we could have had post-2016. Why the ■■■■ are we hanging on to zaka and myers? A professional club would have punted these guys to the gold coast years ago

2 Likes

Ahhh…books.
If only I could read!
Never mind. There are brilliant minds like your own to educate me :slight_smile:

Hi Sean,

I thought I would let you know I am an Essendon member and passionate about on field success and winning our 17th premiership. You are a Board Member. I would appreciate your support in sorting out whatever the ■■■■ is wrong.

Can’t believe members voted this guy onto the Board.

5 Likes

2 Likes

it’s so extensive that one can probably never put their finger on all that is wrong at the club, and it’s probably bits and pieces of everything that’s been mentioned so far in this thread.

I would be seriously interested to know how much pull and power the rich have behind the scenes at this club.

this is what i still don’t get, and it goes into more tangents than just the examples i’ll use, but across for coaching appointments, Knights, Hird, thompson and now worsfold they have essentially made identical choices in how to and pick the team.

easiest example is all 4 of those guys believed that having Zaka and myers in the side (since 09) that they would be able to get ultimate success with those 2. Now again that can apply to a number of players but these 2 are the easiest examlples to use.

All 4 of the coaches mentioned can’t be that dumb and blind to not see the obvious re these players, or players of their ilk.
Hird, thompson and worsfold all knew success from playing days, thompson and worsfold had success in coaching, so they can’t be considered dumb people.

So why once they get to this club, they go oh look zaka and myers are pivotal parts to our success ? when probably at least half of the supporter base has held for along time that they aren’t ?

picking players on name alone and perceived past glories, again another blight that has crippled all 4 coaches. aside from when players returning from the ban who were cooked were left out of the side, can anyone honestly remember when a senior player from the coaches believed best side was dropped for continued poor performances ? I don’t mean guys like langford, reimers ones like that, i mean entrenched supposed best of the best of our side ?

so whatever is wrong at the club, there has to be imo someone or a group of people behind it in the background, because again pretty much on the football side, since about 2002 ish the exact same poor decisions across how to best select a side from week to week, year to year have happened, again across 4 different head coaches.

3 Likes

gotta say, wasn’t really a fan of the players advocating someone.

If I was making the rules for the board I’d make it mandatory that at least half the board are not allowed to be Essendon supporters of any description. We don’t need the old boys. We need the best and brightest who can put in place plans for success. Why limit yourself to one 18th of the population when going on that search? It makes no sense

Xavier should offer Clarkson $20,000,000 over 5 years to come over. He is ruthless. Exactly what this club needs.

1 Like

whos gonna be on a board for an afl club without having some sort of arbitrary connection?

3 Likes

I think we have that now

Lots of senior business people want to be on boards. It’s good for their prospects in their chosen fields and for networking, name recognition etc etc

2 Likes

I know we were planning on having one. But I’m not sure if that’s happened

something something boomer joke.

No, I mean that i reckon we already have a couple of Board members who wouldn’t know a Tim from a Jobe.

It’s an unpaid gig that can lead to abuse from nuffies…

Why would you do that unless you were a fan yourself.