Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Well according to my clock it’s now 9:03. I gave you the grace of 3 minutes as you were not specific and said around 9pm.
Hope it went well, I feel emotionally invested in the saga, and I don’t think I can ever forgive our football club until some answers come out. I honestly don’t think some of the players can either.

1 Like

Uploading the Podcast now. We actually spoke to Chip Le Grand for 32 mins and he has a few things to say about Mike Fitzpatrick!!!

Upload in next 30 mins hopefully. Thanks for your question help. I used a few them as you will see.

12 Likes

Perhaps they’re over it?

Does Chip know what the gonis with starburst not being sold anymore?

‪Our biggest Podcast!! Here it is‬

‪We have an in-depth interview with @Melbchief on recent comments by Mike Fitzpatrick. This is a must listen folks ‬

Our biggest Podcast!! Here it is‬

‪We have an in-depth interview with Chip Le Grand on recent comments by Mike Fitzpatrick. This is a must listen folks ‬

7 Likes

Sorry, … Wut?

In 2016 the players were well and truly playing for the coach

2 Likes

Great podcast @CJohns. Very interesting to get a more in depth knowledge of Chip’s personal views on many aspects of the saga. One thing that struck me was that Chip said he didn’t buy the argument that players were administered Thymomodulin rather than TB4. I thought there was strong evidence that Thymomodulin was actually a better fit for what Dank was trying to achieve in terms of boosting the immune system and recovery (versus TB4)?

4 Likes

Yes I wish I had mentioned the Demons program at the time to counter likelyhood

3 Likes

OK thanks. Maybe @Bomber5AU could comment. I could be completely wrong about this.

What I got out of the podcast were the lost years and terrible damage to so many people involved in the club…
To me, it’s less a matter of who brought Dank in , who was responsible for him, or what he gave the players.
And it is wrong to blame the consequences on Dank. The consequences were delivered by an anti-doping system run by a bunch of unaccountable and unelected mates, together with a sporting federation - the AFL - involving a cabal of mates unaccountably wielding power over honest athletes and others engaged in the sport committed doing their best for the team, their club and supporters.
The AFL has done it before and will do it again.
If Lindsay Tanner thinks the structures are right and the AFL has looked after us, he is deluded. He should be reflecting why our legal system cannot prevent such injustice. And compare the consequences for someone proved to possessing/using an illicit drug under our law ( and under AFL rules) compared to possibly using a substance which WADA has arbitrarily decided falls under its Code.

26 Likes

While I enjoy reading most of the Francis rants, they are usually rebuttals of statements made and are logical and reasoned.

This is just childish and conjecture. No Club President is elected by Members and most of the current Board are new since the Saga.

And his ramblings about Woosha are more in line drunk supporters after losing to Carlscum.

8 Likes

Agreed, Might be his worst missive thus far for mine.

Yet there is no question that Tanner is an AFL apologist that we don’t need

3 Likes

While I totally agree with the article and everything in it. I would like to know how he knows this?

including the appointment of Worsfold as coach. The players didn’t rate him at the end of year one. They thought less of him after year two and were extremely disappointed with his reappointment for another two years.

Is this just his thoughts? or does he have evidence to support this? If he does…

2 Likes

Bruce hasn’t fabricated the views expressed on Woosha. There are some within the club who believe this. That doesn’t make them right or the majority. There is of course much conjecture and differing views as to who should coach us, as you would expect as we continue to struggle.
Two critical pieces to the puzzle will be how we perform in the 2nd half of the year (particularly if we get our better players back) and who is available to replace our current coaching staff.
I think Bruce is correct - and Heffsgirl has been saying the same thing - we don’t stand for anything in terms of club values or brand. That has all been lost during the saga years and is yet to be rebuilt, as our attempts to define strategy etc look like corporate weasel words - because they are.

4 Likes

Gordon on the ABC saying that the CFMEU blackmail charges were based on distorted facts. Pleased that the charges dropped. So, what’s the difference with the E34 and Hird/Bomba/Corcoran cases? One was conducted under a judicial system. The others were conducted under Rafferty’s rules.

16 Likes

Fees

His son might still be chasing fees for representing Prismall and Crameri at CAS. AFLPA won’t pay

Bruce certainly taps into the emotion a lot of us are feeling, but he just comes across as a verbose windbag.

2 Likes