Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Interesting that I can’t find it online.
It was posted in the Hird thread, someone heard Brayshaw say ‘Hird can apologise from now until Christmas, it won’t make up for what he did to Evans.’

1 Like

Part of me wonders what Demetriou would have to say now.

6 Likes

My blood pressure exploded reading that.

3 Likes

Wow, you weren’t kidding. I nearly threw up on the train even based on the paraphrase.

1 Like

Consider the level of concern (even outrage) over unknown health implications of Dank’s injection program.

What about the real mental health outcomes of the AFL/Evans/ASADA/WADA/CAS/MSM disinformation campaign that has ruined careers/nearly taken lives/broken up families/destroyed a team/caused Crameri to miss a premiership/ caused the loss of players/ will eat at players/officials and supporters for the rest of their lives.

The health consequences of fabrication created by Demetriou, Evans, Fitzpatrick, McLachlan, etc are very real and should be called out, not complimented.

I thought Tanner was smarter than that. When will we get the “enough is enough” moment?

15 Likes

Some comments are so bad that they don’t just…annoy you, but they make you question the capabilities of the person making it.
I mean, that’s at best.
That’s removing the context of the last week and leaving it as a stand-alone comment, taking off the tin-foil hat.
It’s just an astonishingly tone-deaf thing to say.
From the ostensible head of the club.
Hey, everyone! Forget about our last two premiership captains, and our last two coaches before Worsfold, how about that AFL!
Let’s get behind them. They deserve it for all they’ve done for us.

And this is a politician.
And what makes it worse is that he’s said bugger-all until now.

What he said goes beyond bad and into, alright…what’s going on?

30 Likes

Evans not talking can only tell you one thing…and that my friend has nothing to do with is health but his pocket!

12 Likes

Bomber is pleading for help.

He is genuine, open, and raw.

This is such a sad email.

7 Likes

I feel that I must constantly be reminded of Fitzpatrick’s most humiliating moment, so I’m going to post it here and establish it as my new avatar so I can look at it every time I log in here.

fitzpatrick

24 Likes

So how do we turn any influence or power that the group may have completely against David Evans? We need to get that rat FK to admit what happened. Immediately.
Also, FK Bradshaw. King tin rattler.

1 Like

Suggest Warner’s publication of the Bomba text pretty much says it all about Evans. He may not want to be seen in public for a while. Brayshaw seems to be the only one defending him ( so far that is).
Fitzpatrick kicked an own goal with his interview.
And Crameri’s interview pretty much exposed the AFL.

7 Likes

As if Evans would ever say anything now unless forced to in court.

Likely removed (or had Robson remove) documents to go along with AFL narrative to make it look like a rogue sports scientist & also to deprive ASADA evidence in the chain.

Problem was the records were in fact more likely to help not hinder the players getting off. Plus doing so got the club smashed for governance penalty wise.

And then there is the throwing Hird and rest of support staff who weren’t actually responsible under the bus to both - get the players off & also to protect him, the rest of the board & CEO’s hides.

No way he openly comes out and tells the truth about how much he really knew about the program, the Vlad tip off and everything after that.

His ties with big end of town and $$ associated too important to him. Plus he likely would be in a world of pain himself legally from many parties.

3 Likes

Perhaps Warner has more to come on that score?

1 Like

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

At least the revelations this week (Bomba’s and Lindsay’s fawning comments onstage and probably his back-stage advice that Gil would be looking at significant drops in revenue if the season continued as it looked like) got the AFL to instruct the maggots to take it easy on us today.

6 Likes

Tanner is silver spoon all the way.

2 Likes

Evans is a puppet.
Just can’t work out which silent puppet he is.

Not born that way a scholarship boy and member of Labor’s left, but now associated with an investment company (Six Park) and Suncorp. Maybe he now wants to be part of the Melbourne Establishment. I thought he did a good job as Finance Minister but so far he has been a disappointment as EFC President.

4 Likes

I get lost in the minutiae of Australia’s rules of evidence, but I could understand why the prosecution in the CFMEU case dropped the blackmail charges, because of lawyer rewritten evidence which would not pass muster at the trial stage. The judge in that case commented to the effect that police gathering of evidence is subject to strict procedures, inferring that evidence gathered under such procedures might be more reliable. In any legal proceedings the cops need to be able to defend themselves against accusations of tainted or tampered evidence.
There were cops/ former cops involved in the ASADA investigations . They must have winced at the evidence tampering by the AFL and their CEO ( a former AFP officer). Some of that evidence - which as demonstrated at the Federal Court proceedings- was tampered with.
The AFL tribunal- chaired by a former County Court judge - was careful in the weighting accorded to evidence.
It all went out the window in the CAS case - in contradiction of the way evidence was handled in the CAS Russian cases, although both claimed to be based on Swiss procedural law!
I wonder how Ken Lay, a former Victorian Policd Commissioner versed in police evidence , who now sits on the EFC Board, views the inconcongruity of this treatment of evidence - and knowing that, if the players and the other three employees had taken illicit substances they would not have suffered such sanctions and opprobrium .

7 Likes

Yep I said at half time last night ‘umps have been told to get Essendon up, we want them happy for a week or so’

1 Like