Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Sheeds Bartlett & Malthouse cant stand the thing. All former Tigers. No coincidence

4 Likes

She got stung by Eddie too by running his “Keep this to yourself, but the GWS side are going to be called the Celtics” story.

1 Like

She served on the Board from 1993-2010. Think she was an elected member.
The EFC constitution was at some stage amended to provide for Board appointed members, for fixed terms ( as applied to Heffernan).

Reckon NatRat is dying to tell his story. Really hope he does too because he won’t sugar coat it, he’ll clip who needs a clip whether they’re deemed friend or foe.

13 Likes

Yeah…this (NatRat comment in Mr_Sunbury_1 post)

I keep coming back here and I think its mainly because I feel the truth is out there somewhere and I just want it to come out.

I’d like just put this behind me…but when its an unfinished story its hard to let it go.

4 Likes

What the hell is going on with Jackson Taylor’s case? The three or four week period of deliberation for the judge has turned into ten. Would I be right in assuming that this indicates the case is carrying on in some sort of private manner, like the AFL was hoping for? @bomber5au @dons23?

9 Likes

The old judge takes his time.

You can’t rush justice.

In fact, we would be lucky to get it.

2 Likes

Jackson is I believe hanging in there waiting. Just like the rest of us, except he is under much more pressure I imagine.

1 Like

Indeed.

1 Like

Indeed, indeed.

Just today, I was thinking about a document written and signed over 800 years ago.

Ever since then, it has been lauded as a cornerstone of the British (and hence our) justice system, and even of the US Constitution.

I am taking of the Magna Carta.

It’s Chapter 39 states:

“No freeman shall be taken or imprisoned or disseised or exiled or in any way destroyed, nor shall we go upon him, or send upon him, except by the lawful judgment of his peers and by the law of the land.”

Our learned friends can correct me if I am wrong, but this is intended to mean that citizens can’t be punished without due process of law, including trial by “peers” and by the “law of the land”.

The E34+3 certainly never received a trial in front of judge and jury. In fact, as @bennals implies, the AFL is still fighting tooth and claw to keep any key witnesses away from the courtroom lest they commit perjury.

As for “laws of the land”: our players and coaches were stitched up by some kangaroo court in Switzerland operating under and in thrall to vested foreign interests and certainly not under the laws of OUR land.

Even the Magna Carta failed us.

12 Likes

According to Senator McKenzie’s statement at Senate Estimates the first draft of the Sports Plan will be delivered in June, with the final by October.
She said that it would be “…holistic, sustainable and provides a vision of going forward “
We should all be comforted.

2 Likes

The AIS has been cut to the bone with multiple rounds of redundancies and job cuts. It will have an impact in years to come as a lot of the grass roots junior programs have lost funding.

1 Like

While the AFLPA relies on its funding from the AFL, its relationship will remain symbiotic. Almost beholding to the AFL and therefore its status is weakened.

The AFLPA will only become independent when its stands on its own two feet and funding is obtained from an independent source.

1 Like

Can’t wait for 10 years from now media and pollies bemoaning how ■■■■ australia is at sport (olympics/international sports).

gee no ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ genius how do you think we’ve been punching above our weight for the last 50 years?

2 Likes

Yep. They wanted to do a lottery like the UK did but it didn’t get up because of the federated model of ownership.

1 Like

sounds like the usual round of motherhood statements

Will his story be all that different from Fletcher, Watson, Prismall etc. etc.

We’ll agree with some of it, some will think he’s misinformed about other things… if the players knew more it would have already come out.

1 Like

The rest of the league could admit guilt and most of the media would happily brush it under the carpet (see: Dale Lewis).

1 Like

I’m not sure TBH, I don’t know the particulars of his story. I know he’s vehemently denied he did anything wrong and there’s reports he’s pushing for the release of documents relating to the case. All that tells me he might know something the rest of us don’t and Peter Jess (his manager) has made some noises that we haven’t heard the end of it all.

4 Likes

When Dank gave Essendon thymosin, what was it really?
TB4.
When Dank gave Melbourne thymosin, what was it really?
Thymosin.

15 Likes