Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Nothing to see here…

1 Like

Funny that it’s the Nine Newspaper Network, and not News Ltd that’s chasing this. Or are News Ltd too embarrassed at getting scammed?

1 Like

The Hun and the Australian have run articles behind paywall

1 Like

Just a notice to say look out for Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast coming in an hour. We just chatted with Ben Howlett for 30 mins and had a great 10 min chat talking the saga. Up later tonight

8 Likes

3 Likes

Terrific interview!
Benny sounds like a ripper bloke.
I had a tear in my eye when you were explaining that the way those players conducted themselves during the saga made you proud. Its what I’ve thought also.
I’ll always love Essendon, but my hatred for those pissant, gutless, money grabbing arsewipes who put those players through that rediculously heartless saga will be with me until I’m 6 foot under.

31 Likes

Bridge. BRIDGE.

World’s number one bridge player suspended after failing drug test

I guessed Sarah must have kept getting bad cards…

Article behind paywall but a current SANFL player, ex-AFL player tested positive and under investigation of PEDS.

1 Like

Some bloke called Josh Glenn. Apparently he played for GCS.
“The 24-year-old Norwood midfielder remains on the club’s list but from August he has made himself unavailable for selection and not trained since, citing personal reasons

Gosh, that reads very familiar…

1 Like

1 Like

Is there a BBQ big enough to grill AD, I don’t think so.

12 Likes

they could dangle him over an active volcano!!

4 Likes

Now that I would pay to see. Good idea Helen bring in the crane.

2 Likes

Imagine how much that volcano could fire up with all that lard!

5 Likes

I wonder if he would cook up like crispy skinned chicken?? or crunchy pork crackling ??mmmmmmmmmmmmm I’m hungry now

More like deep fried shitt sandwich

3 Likes

While I do not condone the cannibalism or volcanic execution advocated above, does anyone else get regular Facebook “messages” re Demetriou being a financial messiah? They start something like “I don’t care what people say about Andrew, he’s helping Aussies get back on their feet!” It is funny reading the comments- they run about 95% "this is a scam"to 5% “what is this”?

2 Likes

Remember to stick the apple in his big fat ****
mouth. You thought I was going to write something else didn’t you?

3 Likes

Nope. No-one else gets those.

It improbably because you are the only person in Australia who does not condone the cannibalism or volcanic execution advocated above.

Get with the majority and avoid the spam.

3 Likes

I stumbled across this article, has anyone read it?

I can’t post the whole article because of copyright that was spelt out clearly when I paid for it. I haven’t read it yet (it is long and as Sam Lane might say “very legal”). It costs $4 and Chrome recommend I didn’t use the site, but I don’t think there would be a big market in lengthy forensic examinations of the flimsiness of the case against the 34.

Just mainly interested in what people here think of the article if they have read it, especially if you have a legal background.

The evidential gap in the Essendon doping case and its continuing influence on sport arbitration
Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Journal
Volume 10 Issue 1 (2015)

Thorpe, David*

Abstract: In 2016, the Court of Arbitration for Sport found a number of players with the Essendon Bombers Football Club guilty of using the banned substance Thymosin-Beta 4. In most anti-doping cases athletes are convicted through an ‘analytical positive’: the presence of a banned substance or its metabolites in a sample of the athlete’s body fluid. An analytical positive establishes liability with a high degree of certainty. The Essendon players were adjudged according to circumstantial and hearsay evidence, which, according to the CAS, formed ‘strands in the cable’ establishing guilt. Several individuals named as suppliers of Thymosin-Beta 4 were in the jurisdiction and could have been subpoenaed to appear before the CAS. After an analytical positive direct witness evidence would almost certainly be the most reliable. They were not called. This article considers the question of ‘why not’.

https://search.informit.com.au/documentSummary;dn=924976402959500;res=IELHSS

Personal Author: Thorpe, David; Source: Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Journal, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2015: 67-96Document Type: Journal ArticleISSN: 1833-8852Subject: Court of Arbitration for Sport;Athletes–Social conditions; Doping in sports;Metabolites; Football teams; Affiliation:
*Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Technology Sydney

Database: HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES COLLECTION

9 Likes