Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

I suspect this too, but I was wondering if there might be something else to it as well.

1 Like

One definitive instance was them submitting that Dank had a history of treating Sandor Earl with TB-4. They had to know this was false, because his charges by ASADA never included TB-4. If he had indeed been using TB-4 and ASADA had proof, he would have been charged and found guilty of its use.

9 Likes

I reckon the AFL just doesnt want Hird in a role where he has mass exposure. SEN gig was too visable, whereas a strategy role for a club out in WA is quite easily forgotten about by the general public.

2 Likes

Not quite so. After succeeding in an injunction, Earl took the ADRVP findings on TB4 to the AAT and lost, seemingly because ADRVP standard of proof is limited to “possibility”, as is AAT. We do know that the NRL tribunal - which applies a standard of proof beyond probability ( higher than possibility) - made no findings against him on TB4. What we do not know is whether ASADA proceeded with the TB4 charge at the NRL tribunal ( no leaks there).

I thought that too.

However if it’s true re the Channel 7 gig, I will need to rethink what it means. Imagine Hirdy working for them after the Robinson interview in which they painted Hirdy in the worst light they could and Robinson the poor hard done by fellla.

Not even going to go into Hirdy having to work with Luke ‘say that again’ Darcy.

3 Likes

Again though, when he was found guilty by ASADA of using prohibited substances, TB-4 was not one of them. This would imply that they had insufficient proof that he had used it, but then unequivocally stated that TB-4 had been supplied to him by Dank. If they had proof of that then they would have charged him with use or trafficking, neither of which they did.

3 Likes

I thought the Hird AFL related job offers were a glaringly obvious attempt to counteract the allegation that Fitzpatrick told Corcoran that Hird will never work in the AFL industry again.

This allegation I understand is a part of the Jackson Taylor case in relation to misleading and deceptive conduct by the AFL.

26 Likes

AFL is in damage control over what it did to Hird. It has gone to some length to put it out in the media that it is not - and implicitly legally cannot be - involved in vetting any jobs for Hird , on the grounds that the suspension was its sole role.
Just another bit of spin doctoring, fiction misrepresented as fact.
A generous interpretation could be that Goyder is putting the brakes on the likes of Gil and Dillon, but I would agree that the Jackson Taylor case is a factor. If it goes to trial - and given that evidence would be under oath- much will come out, provided the judge accepts the admissibility of some of Taylor’s evidence as relevant.
Fitzpatrick has just been made an AFL life member, might be a bit premature if he is subsequently exposed for what he is.

25 Likes

That being a kant

4 Likes

Good point sir and one I had not thought of.

That life member thing is hilarious. I presume Fitz is on the panel making The selections.

“Hey everyone, you know who would make a GREAT life member? This guy.”

1 Like

Of course they don’t do anything without an ulterior motive.

They are doing this because of Jackson Taylor’s court case, so they can demonstrate what nice fellows they are.

6 Likes

Read from pages 45-51 of this, all related to Hird being scapegoated & villified to understand why the AFL are trying to get him back into the fold.

Too little too late though.

Workplace bullying at its worst. Be brilliant if ‘Sarah’ gets called to the stand as a witness

12 Likes

Fitzpatrick getting in now for his last chop?

If they can’t find Sarah, calling Liz Lukin to the witness stand may be just as good.

I suspect it would be interesting to hear what she has to say regarding Sarah in relation to misleading and deceptive conduct by the AFL, given the similarities between her anti “Work-Choices” campaign (as noted by a number on here) and the content of the Sarah phone call.

7 Likes

I suspect that the AFL role went further than jobs in Australian Rules to any sort of prospects in the wider sports industry. It is relatively small connected world. Hird appears to be regaining some ground and doors are reopening for him, but Danny is probably unlikely to get another job in sports administration, which was his forte.
On the other hand, Lethlean, Gil’s mate, bounced back very quickly from his disgrace.
Now that Gil is about to sit down with the Tasmanians, perhaps he could have another look at the Gemba report ( in which Hird was involved) which the AFL dismissed out of hand.

4 Likes

I’d be looking at the actors in the workcover ads to find “Sarah”.

2 Likes

Private investigators uncover these things. I’ve no doubt that effort went in to working out who it was and who organized it.

I’m sure at an appropriate time it will get rolled out.

Preferably right after Gil and Lukin have denied under oath any part in it.

13 Likes

It wouldn’t take much to break the whole saga open. Someone just needs to in depth interview Andruska, evans, dank, anyone who was involved at the afl or asada. Even the panel operator at mmm. The smallest crack would open up.

2 Likes

Why PIs were not hired to discover this in the first place is a little baffling…

2 Likes