Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

Win win win, we are all elites after all and therefore we can ■■■■ over the great unwashed at will…who is gunna stop us ? the media ? The politicans, LOL…■■■■ we own those gutless suckholes, they’ll just do what there told !!!

2 Likes

Julian Burnside was there with Hird. Shame due to his employment his not able to disclose.

I do recall that in the radio interview after that event Burnside did disclose his admiration and praise for Hird (can’t remember the exact words)

3 Likes

Nobody will ever convince to me to believe the AFL hadn’t already decided what was going to happen, and leaked it to their favourite media at that time.

I kept this with a lot of other stuff from the time. it’s written in a cutesy roundabout way. No way the writer could have known without some information.

Read it if you want to and make up your own mind. (take note of the date)

2 Likes

Then, there is the Warner article of 8 July 2015, quoting Amendola (Hird’s lawyer) , to the effect that David Evans had agreed to a deal with a Demetriou.

3 Likes

Ironic that theres an Alzheimers add in this thread!

2 Likes

Probably triggered by all the mentions of memory loss by andruska and soon to be by Gil and his corrupt mates.

6 Likes

You know the sad part about all this, is ASADA are in on it as well.

They are protecting Robinson.

If ASADA are in on it, so are sections of the Government who are trying to protect ASADA and now they are dragged into it trying to squash an inquiry and claiming McDevitt didn’t lie to the Senate.

This whole saga needs to be blown up and people made accountable.

19 Likes

Would love nothing more in seeing AFL, etc. go down, but as with Middleton AFL know too many big wigs to let this get through, and all the adverse publicity it would cause. Not confident.

5 Likes

yes they were they fronted the first tribunal who found that ASADA didn’t make their case & deemed the players not guilty …that was Australian law standards at work CAS & wada’s interpretation of the so called facts was rubbish with no natural justice at all let alone our standards …they tinkered with the facts, didn’t challenge on a matter of ruling only because they didn’t agree with the findings they thought we were guilty none of the evidence proved that we were …

3 Likes

MadeleIne Farrar was a panelist at the Sports Integrity and Athletes Rights Symposium hosted by Justice for the 34 in November 2017 at Melbourne University.
4 Likes

Thanks for posting @StabbytheRabbit.

Hope I am not being to harsh I only continued to listen as it was to do with us.

Will give the speaker the benefit of the doubt re being nervous re public speaking.

2 Likes

Interesting how no one investigating the supplements saga outside the Justice 34, apart from Bruce Francis, have even bothered to explore how a doping code already in force can be changed midstream in an on-going investigation thus; putting all the responsibility onto the players, by the switch. This was allowed and accepted by the AFL without question. The code change came about to fit the narrative “leaving out the bits we don’t want” at the expense of the EFC, the EFC players and staff. And; now will affect every team sport.

Certainly pays to know who you are dealing with.

15 Likes

Is there visibility on when the judge in Taylor’s case is going to decide whether the case proceeds to trial?

I’m pretty sure the media caused it.

if they weren’t asking about the Brownlow constantly it wouldn’t be on the radar.

2 Likes

Taylor put up security so it’s going to trial/ the judge is considering what form the trial should take. AFL wants the mini trial without discovery, Taylor wants the whole egg/ discovery and cross examination of Gil etc.

4 Likes

Thanks very much for the clarity

2 Likes

37 Likes

I think that is a matter of scale, the supporters are generally more inclined to have some sympathy (ie: Australian/Essendon fans) and the opposition have their pitchforks out (English, South Africans etc / Everyone else other than Essendon fans).

Important difference of course is Hirdy was innocent of any major wrongdoing.

The interesting comparison is who, if anyone was questioning the rotten culture in Australian Cricket vs the Essendon board at the time resisting calls to sack Robinson etc.

Those who create the problems get off a lot easier than those standing in front of the fan when the shiit hits it.

8 Likes

Yes the differences in attitudes toward the cricketing three? Certainly the men hadn’t been trained to cheat and they were not very good at it either. That can be clearly seen on the video. It was obvious something was strange or different. Why didn’t the cricket experts didn’t see something was not quite right and question their behaviour?

• I wonder if the media will park outside any of their homes on their front lawns for the next six months with their cameras, mikes and lights.
  • Whether people in the street will abuse their children or spit and abuse the men.
  • Ask them continually questions they have already answered over and over.
  • Cricket Australia say they are afraid for the men’s mental health. I wonder if they could teach the AFL about that sort of compassionate behaviour.
  • I wonder if the media will write stories about the men for the next few years at least once a week?
  • If the partner or wife/girl friend of one of the men spoke up on their behalf, would they
    be defamed, discredited and name called for having an opinion?
  • Will the media go after the three cricketing men, the way they went after James and Tania Hird? We should all hope they don’t and won’t.

Edited by me -I hope everyone that includes the media who seem to think they can say, do and write anything they like regardless, have learned something from the Justice 34 and the EFC supplements saga. I hope everyone is much better behaved with their comments this time because of the known damage it causes and the scars it leaves on everyone concerned.

Crucifixion is not the only way.

11 Likes

Hirds stoicism makes it hard to feel intense sympathy for him, it never seems like he wants or needs it, despite his tears his emotions are always very guarded… Smith on the other hand completely let his guard slip and capitulated into a child like mess… its only natural to feel more sympathy for smith over Hird, purely based on the press conferences they had.

Its not some stupid Hird v the world conspiracy, just basic human nature imo

3 Likes