Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

I’m happy for it to stay open. Nothing new posted lately, but you never know what might happen next as this saga has twisted and turned so much til now.

7 Likes

James Hird should have been welcomed back before David Evans. Just because some of the players support him being there doesn’t mean I have to.

20 Likes

There are many of us who don’t want this thread closed and are still interested in hearing about new developments. If anyone dares to raise a ‘saga’ type point anywhere else they are told to ‘take it to the saga’ thread and ‘stop trying to make every discussion about the saga’.
While there is relevant stuff coming out people will continue to visit this thread.
If you don’t like it don’t read it… I don’t know why you bother.
Calling for it to be closed when it’s obvious that others still have things they want to raise smacks of censoring or gagging.

23 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I don’t have a problem with the players welcoming whomever they want. I still have a problem with the way the club treated Hird.
I imagine they likely have extended him an invite. I also imagine there is too much water under the bridge for it to be easy.

As for closing the thread. Not sure why people who claim to not read it, then post, have an opinion on what suits people who appreciate the updates that are posted in here, read it frequently and discuss.

17 Likes

James Hird has been invited back several times prior to David Evans attending a function the other night. When James is ready to step back into the public limelight he’ll accept one of those invitations and attend, just as David Evans did.
The suggestion that David accepting the same invitations James has been receiving and declining for his own reasons is the club’s fault or wrong by David is frankly beyond stupid.
The club wants everyone back healing together, they’ve made that clear for a year or more - what James chooses to do and how much he chooses to expose himself to the public and media is neither any of the club’s nor our business.

6 Likes

There must be more to this Evans situation than we know. I guess it will all come out one day

1 Like

I understand the people who want it to remain open, sure there is definitely discussion that could be had, It’s got nothing to do with “censoring or gagging” people, but I think it’s just time to leave it be and put it ALL behind us. That’s just my opinion, no one has the agree with it and I don’t really give 2 fks of you don’t. I’d fkn blow this thread into the sun if I had my choice, lol

2 Likes

Lol.

Don’t mention the war.

5 Likes

The decent thing for DE to do would have been to wait until James was ready to come back.
Personally, I don’t like seeing DE at the club…
To say that what JH chooses (what a loaded word that is) to do is none of our business is nonsense. I am really very interested in what James decides to do. I can’t influence his decision but I can make it my ‘business’ to say what I think should happen.
And stop ■■■■■■■ calling people STUPID for not agreeing with you… It is childish.

8 Likes

Why would that be the decent thing to do?

How about Evans, our former President filling in a few blanks about what really went on while he’s mixing it with the boys.

13 Likes

Hey, if Evans is back, if anything that brings us closer to getting info/explanations/apologies/whatever at some point, than if he were forever hidden in the wilderness. If he didn’t want any questions or spotlight or felt he was facing trouble, wouldn’t he avoid being caught by cameras in the rooms after a win?

HIRD RETURN?

ESSENDON chief executive Xavier Campbell says he hopes to see James Hird back at the club in the near future.

Former Bombers chairman David Evans was spotted in the club rooms after Saturday night’s win over Hawthorn, having largely stayed away in recent years since his resignation in July 2013 at the height of the club’s supplements saga.

Campbell said the club hoped others who were involved during that time, including Hird, would also get back around the club.

“I hope so. What that time frame looks like I don’t know. It’s probably going to be for James and others to work out,” Campbell said.

“But I think, these people, they love Essendon. As much as we can look back, it’s not going to be that worthwhile for us. We have to look forward and I think as a footy club we want to bring everyone with us on the journey because our fans want to see that and I think the players ultimately want to see that, too. So we hope that happens at some stage in the future.”

EMOTIONAL NIGHT

TIM Watson has opened up on his feelings during the night, particularly watching his son, Jobe, return to the field after a year out and losing his 2012 Brownlow Medal

“I think for me sitting there and watching it all, it was just that explosion of emotion for people who have had a really difficult time, not just the players but the player’s families and everybody associated with the footy club and the supporters as well,” the former Essendon premiership player said on SEN Breakfast.

“I didn’t shed a tear but it was really emotional. I was seriously moved because I have an intimate knowledge of what one person (Jobe) has been through, but then you multiply that by the other players and the supporters … there has been a lot of emotion associated with this with the supporters over a long period of time too.

“I think it was just that whole sort of coming together on that night and getting victory as well was just the icing on the cake.”

From the HS live updates section

4 Likes

If we don’t have to agree with it, why keep coming back to this thread telling us to move on?

2 Likes

You think its time to “leave it be” but you cant. You just keep coming back in here and telling everyone else what they should be doing.
“Nothing to do with censoring or gagging” but that is what you want to do. You don’t want to talk about it, so you don’t think anyone else should.

So what prompts you to open this thread? Just to see whats happening? Why?

If you want to move on why don’t you just ignore it?

Same for you too Dali.

Neither of you have to come anywhere near this thread.

13 Likes

When was my last post in this thread? I reckon I’ve probably had about 5 in the last year

Well why comment if you don’t read it ?? so you just want it buried as well … some of us don’t …just read the other stuff then. …this forum helped a lot of us vent it is still doing that but I guess it is inconvenient to the “move on & let the bastards get away with it” message some of you preach. Next time the afl screw us or some other team or individual from a team we can all just say “too bad how sad” and move on …it is because of all the moving on done in the past that they keep doing the same thing to individuals & teams & it wont stop until they are forced to at least apologise to us all …I’d love to get back to footy but just what is that now days??

10 Likes

True, but some of the stuff posted in here is so ridiculous that it must be challenged.

2 Likes

Others have come by and shared the same sentiment so i’m probably confusing you with someone else.

However the point remains. Personally, I’m quite content with enjoying the 2017 footy season and still discussing these issues from time to time. I can do both.

One more thing I’ll say is you’re probably going to get a lot more instances of saga discussion in other threads if you close this one.

5 Likes

Maybe he has and that’s why he is welcomed back by the boys.

We don’t know everything.

1 Like