Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

At least he has to pay tax on the tv appearance - that’s if he declares it.
Income derived as a result of his former job at EFC.

Was Luke Darcy commentating on Fox Footy on our game?

Darcy should either sincerely and publicly apologise to Hird or be run out of town.

Further, he should have disclosed to viewers that Channel 7(?) were paying Robinson for that vindictive ‘say that again’ interview. Robinson received either $100k or $300k - whatever.

Never forget.

13 Likes

Are the Justice for 34 or that Taylor bloke still active in pushing their respective issues?
Any updates?

Its widely known that. ROBINSON was paid for the IV. Nothing to read here.

yacco55, actually its not well known. I was speaking to four Essendon Supporters yesterday and they had no idea Dean Robinson was paid to do the interview with Luke Darcy. Many on BB would might be aware and on board with “supposed well known information” but we cannot assume everyone knows. Their comment was, " There’s a lot of self interest involved in all of this, isn’t there." Interesting comment.

As I found out many people don’t know and I loaned these people Chips book to read.

5 Likes

I assumed he had been paid a modest fee, in the region of $20K. I’m sure there are lots of people out there who’d have thought the same.

Was David Evans on the board of Seven at the time?

The mind boggles.

3 Likes

I would not be assuming that Channel 7 paid for the interview with Robinson. Has Liz Lukin all over it.

And the sub heading was something cringeworthy like ‘the man on the inside’

Has this sort of shenanigans ever been on display from other sporting codes investigating themselves? And trying to shape the public view so dramatically.

2 Likes

Give me a break - It could not be more widely publicised if you tried - It was reported by every newspaper in the land - Do a google search.

Who gets paid 20K for a a 2hr prime time interview on National TV - You get paid far more than 20K for this kind of interview - The last few posts make me wonder about some who post in this thread - Have they actually followed the saga ? My understanding is that Darcy got the Robinson interview because of some family connection

And Darcy was the dumbest of all the media and wouldn’t ask questions outside the AFL’s agenda.
That interview was farcial and laughable!

3 Likes

Of course everyone who still bothers reading this section of the forum has followed the saga. No need to be patronising. Since you’re an expert, how much do people ‘normally’ get paid for a 2-3 hour interview that would likely be filmed in a single day?

Nice work if you can get it.

I am not being patronising - Suddenly someone who is super active on twitter, in this forum, and all things to do with the supplement’s saga, suddenly posts their surprise that Robinson got paid for his James Hird interview and then inferring this has been forgotten by the media - Yet it was extensively detailed in all forms of the media as a paid interview - And this a mere 3 1/2 years after the interview - Strange indeed !

I thought the surprise was the amount he was paid. It was common knowledge on here that he got $$ for the interview. From what I read, the amount paid was somewhere between $50-100K. If the 300K figure is more accurate - that is new info and quite extraordinary.

4 Likes

Would like to give you a like wazza, but have never seen/watched the interview and probably never will.

Say that again?

From comments Darcy has made since, it seems like he knows he was used, he knows why he was used, and he’s pretty ■■■■■■ about it.

3 Likes

Really wim? I haven’t heard any of those comments, … mainly because I avoid/mute the flog whenever he speaks, … but can you paraphrase or remember any of the things he’s said along those lines?

2 Likes

Is he on Triple M?
It’s years since I’ve listened to much MSM that talks about footy.
Every one of them ■■■■■■ me off eventually, and now I’ve added whatever station Brown is on for him being a ■■■■.
Anyway, it must have been years ago that I stopped listening to them.

His co-hosts mentioned the interview in a very neutral way and he said something like, ‘Yeah, I don’t think that was anyone’s finest moment, mine especially.’ Moved the conversation on very quickly, to the apparent bemusement of the others.

7 Likes

They should have said, “Say that again”

5 Likes

A hell of a lot of people I know do not read newspapers and are not on Facebook.

1 Like