Sorry Saga - “It’s actually quite funny people thinking they know more than they actually do”

IF he has any expert medical advise at all that supports his notion that a naturally occurring peptide effected his sperm 12 months after he was given it, then I will support him getting compensated every penny. Until I see any expert put their name to this, it looks no more than a money grab & further hurt for the club & its members. This will never end. The basic maths of it mean that some of the 34 will get cancer, some will have heart issues, stroke, dementia, some will possibly become alcoholics, drug addicts or commit suicide. Their children will also be subject to the normal probability they will be born with some condition. ALL of these will be blamed on the saga no matter how long they take to manifest.

14 Likes

Jess reaches new lows when he has to get NLM to publicly reveal some of his daughters personal health issues.

2 Likes

Bruce Francis is all over this:

Dear Mr Jess

I don’t understand why Nathan is not suing the AFL.

1.  The AFL has more money and was more responsible for what transpired.

2.  The AFL’s has a lot more to lose with respect to its reputation than Essendon, so it is more likely to settle. Essendon’s reputation has already been destroyed.

3.  The Victorian OH&S Act indicates that the AFL and Essendon were joint employers

4.  The tripartite agreement signed by Nathan, the AFL and Essendon proves the AFL was a joint employer.

5.  The AFL breached clause 12 of the tripartite agreement

6.  As Dank had sold banned substances through his Medical Rejuvenation Centre, according to clause 2.7 and 2.8 of the WADA Anti-Doping Code, the AFL should never have allowed him to work at the Gold Coast Suns or at Essendon.

7. VIP – The AFL and ASADA are on the record claiming that they believed for about 15 months that the players were taking dangerous, life threatening substances. If the AFL had taken action when it first learnt of what was happening, the programmes would have been stopped. Refer to Dr Harcourt’s speech in Zurich and numerous comments by Demetriou.

8.  Dr Bruce Reid told Dr Harcourt on 19 October 2011 that he had been marginalised by Dean Robinson and that Robinson had given substances to the players without his permission. The AFL did nothing.

9.  Adrian Anderson sent an email to the clubs on 24 April 2012, that, inter alia, expressed catastrophic concerns about health and safety of the players. The AFL did not follow up with the clubs.

10. A number of doctors, including the AFL’s medical director Dr Harcourt claimed some of the substances could be life threatening.

11. ASADA investigator Aaron Walker told the players during the interviews that the substances could cause birth defects.

12. Demetriou, McLachlan and Fitzpatrick are all on the record stating that the AFL had a responsibility to protect the health of these players.

13. The AFL never checked at any club with compliance with clause 7.4 of the AFL’s Anti-Doping Code. If it had done so, just once, at one club, the Essendon saga would not have occurred.

Mr Jess, I have spent over 10,000 hours on the saga. I have 75 arch lever folders with over 20,000 pages in them on the matter. I should be delighted to share my research with you.

NB The Minister for Sport Greg Hunt MP, the AFL and ASADA is aware, and have done nothing, that 15 non-Essendon players had Thymosin Beta-4 readings at least 10 times higher than all but one Essendon player. One non-Essendon player had a Thymosin Beta-4 reading about 30 times higher than all but one Essendon player.

Unconscionable, after the results were known, ASADA requested that the Cologne laboratory remove the names of the players from the vials. Consequently, 15 players could have a time-bomb ticking away. The 15 were part of a group of 48 non Essendon players whose samples were analysed. ASADA knows the names of the 48 players, but not the names of the 15 players with high readings. Clearly, the AFL should be monitoring the 48 players health.

Perhaps you should approach Paul Marsh and ask him to obtain the names of the 48 players for you. Then you could represent them and ensure that their health is monitored for the next few years.

Yours sincerely

Bruce Francis

15 Likes

What.

4 Likes

Courageous effort by still following through.

Thread title change suggestions:

Letters from Bruce

1 Like

Riolo, you are spot on here. I do not believe this statement is accurate

That said, I would not be fair to cherry pick some of his statements and hide others that I disagree with.

Is it incorrect though?

AFL has allowed Dank to work within the league when he shouldnt have been based on his work externally with private patients using non WADA approved substances.

AFL had no processes set up for clubs around supplementation use, record keeping or where they could be sourced from. AFL also changed their internal rules IIRC which allowed as a side loophole to the actual rule change for injections to be part of a supplementation program.

AFL didn’t do anything when Dr Reid came fwd to them

The saga wouldn’t have happened if in particular the first item happened. Hence AFL as the players employer has ultimate responsibility.

Not that EFC doesn’t carry plenty as well.

4 Likes

Essendon hired him. Essendon approved or didn’t monitor his actions. They’re 100% responsible.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how any anger is aimed at NatRat.

He was subjected to an injection program and no-one has ever bothered to tell him what he was taking.

Aim your anger elsewhere.

3 Likes

Be curious to hear what Mr Demetriou has to say about this now?

3 Likes

Wonder if EFC will call Bruce as an expert witness in the court case.

IMO, the more inquiries we have means the more we understand the truth of it all.
I fully support NatRat.

8 Likes

Bruce Francis has been thoroughly discredited. He has no idea what he is talking about and even the club no longer takes him seriously. No one engages him in discussion anymore as he simply buries the person in bullshit. He thinks he makes sense but anyone with any brains knows he doesn’t.

The issue will be if NLM can establish a link between the issues and the injections. That might be difficult. I doubt this will be about TB4, this will be about the other injections that could not be itemised or quantified.

Given the AFL won’t want a public hearing on this (and neither will the club), I suspect it will be (reasonably) quietly settled.

Yes that’s right, his track records speaks for itself. Another one gone and what convenient timing.

and.here.we.go

I dunno, if Dank’s parents hadn’t have hooked up all those years ago, the saga wouldn’t have happened.

Natrat should sue Dank’s parents, they are far more responsible than the club.

3 Likes

When did Nathan get his medical PhD?

The AFL approved Dank’s employment as they do for everyone employed in the industry and as a joint employer in a triparted agreement with the EFC and the players, the AFL must wear some of the responsibility for their failures.

Go Nat-Rat feed them back their own negative rubbish about the supplement program but be prepared to be bought off and shut up.

1 Like

He doesn’t need one? What a ridiculous question.

There are plenty of media releases and articles written stating how dangerous the program was and the concern for the player’s unborn children. Dr Harcourt, one of the AFL’s Doctors talked about the dangers at a conference before the investigation was even finalised. Harcourt did have a PhD but I think it was in Real Estate.

After all, Patty Ryder used it as an excuse and got a transfer from the EFC without any interference to Port Adelaide.

1 Like