Sorry Saga - What Hirdy Said

Littlebirdy and I will be at Senate Estimates tonight when it's ASADAs turn to front up. I'll post a link later for those interested in watching. It is scheduled to commenced at 10pm under Outcome 3: Sports and Recreation.

Looking forward to your posting of link. Highly anticipated.

Link - http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Senate_Estimates

The action will be in the questions that are being put to ASADA on notice.

Littlebirdy and I will be at Senate Estimates tonight when it's ASADAs turn to front up. I'll post a link later for those interested in watching. It is scheduled to commenced at 10pm under Outcome 3: Sports and Recreation.

Link - http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Senate_Estimates

The action will be in the questions that are being put to ASADA on notice.

Holy sh*t did this thread need that.

Some of your finest work Rocky.

I don't understand why Bruce attracts criticism - He has done a mountain of quality work for a stipend at best - The only disappointment is that it took longer than i hoped for Bruce's work to obtain traction through the media and the institutions - It's the persistence of people like Bruce that can alleviate injustices in society.

and he does more to bring it to the publics attention than probably all of the naysayers here who hold them selves out as Bomber supporters

Missed him.
(Hoping to improve my aim.)

Hard to tell from the real thing, thanks Rocky. Good for a laugh.

A nice way to start the day, with a laugh, thanks Rocky.

Anyone from the Sports Integrity Unit in Health?

"Leaked Tapes Not a Concern for the AFL

By Rocky IV
The Herald Age

AFL Boss Gillon McLahlan as continued his stance in saying that the leaked tapes from an Essendon meeting at the height of the drugs saga was not a great concern for the AFL, again confirming that he had not paid any attention to the tape nor even listened to it.

ā€œLook the leaked tapes from the Essendon meeting are not a concern for the AFLā€, McLoughlan said, ā€œWeā€™re not paying any attention to it and I havenā€™t even listened to it. The part where we were accused of being a bunch of lying p*$%ks by James Hird I didnā€™t even hear that bit and I didnā€™t listen to any of the parts where General Little said we were going back on our wordā€

He continued ā€œThe whole tape, that I have never heard or listened to just isnā€™t true. None of the parts about the AFL changing their stance is a true indication of what happened in those meetings but I havenā€™t heard any of what was said on those tapes anywayā€

MacLachlan then took the unusual step of stating his favourite movie is Mission Impossible 2 but then later in the interview went on to claim that he has never seen it. ā€œThe part where Ethan Hunt is racing to the cliff with the cure for the the woman he loves has is a gripping climax, so I hope to see that movie one day cos Iā€™ve never seen itā€.

He also stated that one day he would love to get back to his old haunt in England, but says when he goes back it will be the first time heā€™s ever been as heā€™s never travelled abroad. He loves the cold snowy winter and mentioned that he has never once in his life seen or experienced snow. When pushed on the inaccuracies of these comments, McLachlon launched a spirited defence saying ā€œthe day I feel the need to lie is the day I canā€™t do this job anymore, and I never lie about anything and one day I hope I will be able to lieā€, McLaghlan said ā€œI lied once to my brother once about how I thought he was wonderful on TV, but Iā€™ve never lied in my lifeā€.

Other claims by MackLachlan in this bizarre interview;

• He loves a 5km run in the morning despite saying heā€™s never run further than 3.5km.
  • His haircut cost him just $22 at Supercuts and gets it done by a private barber in his office for $400
  • His burger of choice from McDonalds is the Mighty Angus, a burger he says he has never eaten and hopes to one day
  • Heā€™s been to four Rolling Stones concerts, but hopes one day to see them live in concert as heā€™s never been
  • Wants to see the first Mission Impossible again as it was the first movie that he took his now wife to on their first date and he has never seen it so one day wants to relive that romantic day that never happened that he organised and was there for but wasnā€™t.

Throughout the Essendon Saga, The AFL has conducted itself of the highest integrity and the continuing solid consistency of their story is the very thread that is holding the fabric of the code together. MkLachlan saying that he has never lied and will never lie, should help the games government, players and supporters feel that the future of the game is in good hands.

Speaking of hands, McLocklan closed the interview by saying ā€œI dont have any handsā€ before shaking mine and walking out.

Littlebirdy and I will be at Senate Estimates tonight when itā€™s ASADAs turn to front up. Iā€™ll post a link later for those interested in watching. It is scheduled to commenced at 10pm under Outcome 3: Sports and Recreation.

The current UK Parliamentary Inquiry into doping is being conducted by the House of Commons Select Committee on Culture Media and Sport. Its mandate is not limited to Olympic sports.

I donā€™t understand why Bruce attracts criticism - He has done a mountain of quality work for a stipend at best - The only disappointment is that it took longer than i hoped for Bruceā€™s work to obtain traction through the media and the institutions - Itā€™s the persistence of people like Bruce that can alleviate injustices in society.

The Joint Investigation is the root cause of the problem. To suggest otherwise is naive.Under the ASADA Act they didnt have the power to make players answer questions. Under this scenario players couldnt be charged seeing ASADA based decisions on players stating they received injections along with the consent forms.

Its also important to realise that if ASADA lost the Federal Court Case they would have dropped the case because if they had to reinterview players, it would have been a case of ā€™ no comment.ā€™

The route of the problem was the government who pressured both ASADA and the AFL due to the blackest day in sport presser.

Yes - But Evans and the Board and by extension should have known the powers invested by ASADA under the Act - This was a non-analytic case which means any Anti-Doping Authority has to jump hoops to obtain evidence to charge, and ultimately convict athletes - ASADA didnā€™t have the power under the Act to compel players to answer questions - This is the primary reason why Evans should never be allowed back into the club - It ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me no end that highly educated and powerful people like Evans and the Board, FAILED to make a considered decision in the heat of battle.

Anyone wanting portfolio budget papers, including sections on ASADA, can access them on the Health site
health.gov.au
My quick scan did not reveal any reference to Essendon.

Hoffy:
According to APH site, Health portfolio Senate Estimate scheduled for 1 and 2 March. I assume Senator Nash will continue to be the Health portfolio Ministerial rep .

Do we know when Hunt is due to front Senate Estimates?
Never, he is an MP not a Senator. In any case officials answer questions and Senators ask them.

Sorry, meant to say Bowles. All public service bosses are being called in.

Do we know when Hunt is due to front Senate Estimates?
Never, he is an MP not a Senator. In any case officials answer questions and Senators ask them.
Ease up, lb26.

I read and like most of your posts, but that last one is really uncalled for. You should delete it and the penultimate post of yours.

An apology wouldnā€™t go astray either.