Sorry Saga - What Hirdy Said

Anyone wanting portfolio budget papers, including sections on ASADA, can access them on the Health site health.gov.au My quick scan did not reveal any reference to Essendon.

Stupid government focusing on sick people and hospitals.

And here I was thinking govt can only do one thing at a time.

Oh they can. But just the important ones.

So don’t come into the thread if you don’t think it’s important.

Ha. I love how a small group of people have hi-jacked this thread for their own purposes and then get all uppity when others don’t jump on board their cause or try to put other views across. This thread is about the broader “Saga” not just for those people who are actively involved in or supporting certain pushes for action. Here’s a thought, why don’t you ■■■■ off to another thread and leave this thread to the rest of us.

Oh, and I do think that “it’s important”. But I doubt that 95% of the population would agree with me. I reckon they think it would be more important for the government to concern themselves with the 602,000 people who will go to see their GP today or the 370 people who will be diagnosed with cancer today or how to continue to keep Australia’s 92,000 hospital beds open…

I’ll stay thanks.

1 Like

Cant we all just get back to talking about the real issues…is AOD banned or not?

Anyone wanting portfolio budget papers, including sections on ASADA, can access them on the Health site health.gov.au My quick scan did not reveal any reference to Essendon.

Ha. I love how a small group of people have hi-jacked this thread for their own purposes and then get all uppity when others don’t jump on board their cause or try to put other views across. This thread is about the broader “Saga” not just for those people who are actively involved in or supporting certain pushes for action. Here’s a thought, why don’t you ■■■■ off to another thread and leave this thread to the rest of us.

Oh, and I do think that “it’s important”. But I doubt that 95% of the population would agree with me. I reckon they think it would be more important for the government to concern themselves with the 602,000 people who will go to see their GP today or the 370 people who will be diagnosed with cancer today or how to continue to keep Australia’s 92,000 hospital beds open…

lots of long posts, peppered with insults and stupid names for people, talks about Bruce A LOT....

hi littlebomber26 bruce hi

littlebomber isn’t Bruce.

where’s the fun in that! booooo :smile:

So is McDevitt going to show or is it past his bedtime?

I expect the Senate Estimates Commitee would have plenty more specific questions to ask if they know they were misled last time (which I assume has been relayed to them).

The talk of Bruce’s tone grew boring a long time ago, yet it still comes up. It’s been debated to death. I, for one, don’t even think about it anymore, it is who he is it seems, and his plethora of work speaks much more.

Littlebomber, you gave a good first reply in Bruce’s defence, but subsequent posts turned bitter and unwarranted. Perhaps you were caught off guard, but this Bruce/tone argument stuff is old hat. It will come up again. Please don’t get too caught up on it, the vast majority here seem to greatly appreciate Bruce’s time and work first and foremost. And don’t bail, your contributions here have been handy.

Deckham certainly didn’t deserve those retorts, and to call someone out for not doing as much as Bruce yet having criticisms - hey, perhaps we all just want this to work; we’re deeply invested and craving a break. No need for tantrums or insults.

Anyone from the Sports Integrity Unit in Health?
In order of business for relevant hearings, Sport and Recreation ( NISU responsibility) listed for Estimates from 10 pm, prior to ASADA; after ASADA, ASC. Gonna be a long night. ASC might be fun also, given the Wylie/Coates stoush. There might be questions as to how much ASC money goes to AOC, that self-funded body.

Littlebomber - re Deckham; if someone has produced a comprehensive body of work, people are often tempted to find and highlight a couple of flaws in that work, even if they agree with the main points. Anyone with ‘a good working knowledge’ of journalism* shouldn’t find that too difficult to comprehend.

*Note that for the most part we are actually dealing with self-serving mainstream media commentators here, not objective journalism.

I’d like to summarise the situation:
  1. Caroline Wilson wrote a vile column which I understand upset the Hird family

2. No one, apart from Bruce responded to Wilson

3. Bruce took her apart sentence by sentence and exposed her lies and ignorance.

4. Deckham was offended by the tone of Bruce’s dissection and was particularly upset at the colonoscopy metaphor.

5. Deckham criticised Bruce’s tone

6. Deckham didn’t say a single word in praise of Bruce for being the only one to attack Wilson

7. I thought Deckham was being unfair and said so.

8. Deckham and Albert want to ban me from blitz. There is no need, I’ll opt out.

9. It’s a shame because I suspect that I am the only here with a good working knowledge of how journalists operate.

Your response was measured and in no way should there be any question of banning you. You used no intemperate language and expressed a point of view. My take on Bruce is his research, persistence and logic is compelling. I value his work enormously. His style is his and good luck to him. I always put substance over style but each to his own.

So here it is Deckham, you disloyal Essendon tool. Hand in your membership at the door as your leave, I am sure Liz will give you a new one somewhere else. You are either part of this team or you’re not, and you have proven you’re are not. As Bruce, and others, would say, better to stay silent and let people think you are a dill, or should that be a Gill, then to open your mouth and prove it. It’s a pity we don’t know you’re real identity so that we could let the players and others know where your real loyalties lie, has Liz got her arm up your back?

You have got to be farking joking.
If you think that’s measured, then I won’t miss you either.

3. Bruce took her apart sentence by sentence and exposed her lies and ignorance.

4. Deckham was offended by the tone of Bruce’s dissection and was particularly upset at the colonoscopy metaphor.

6. Deckham didn’t say a single word in praise of Bruce for being the only one to attack Wilson

8. Deckham and Albert want to ban me from blitz. There is no need, I’ll opt out.

9. It’s a shame because I suspect that I am the only here with a good working knowledge of how journalists operate.

Your response was measured and in no way should there be any question of banning you. You used no intemperate language and expressed a point of view. My take on Bruce is his research, persistence and logic is compelling. I value his work enormously. His style is his and good luck to him. I always put substance over style but each to his own.

lots of long posts, peppered with insults and stupid names for people, talks about Bruce A LOT....

He's just a very naughty boy.

lots of long posts, peppered with insults and stupid names for people, talks about Bruce A LOT…

1 Like

Wow.
You call Deckham a puppet of the AFL, and sook when people call you on it?
Right. You’re the victim here.
Ffs…

It seems some were pleased by the colonoscopy reference

0 replies 0 retweets 4 likes
Reply Retweet
Like 4
Morro‏ @morro1972 Feb 27
More
@TheGovernorSM @theage @Melbchief had someone come into my office when I laughed too loud about AFL having a colonoscopy… gold Bruce!
0 replies 0 retweets 3 likes
Reply Retweet
Like 3

And that’s it from me.