Sorry Saga - What Hirdy Said

I have observed that the journos will wade through anything for the gems. At the moment the political journos are riveted with watching Senate Estimates Online no matter how much time it takes and the dross they have to sift through to get their stories. I expect the Health Ageing and Sport Estimates hearing will be closely watched by journos, mostly for Health and Ageing , but sport might get a run in light of Hunt's offer to defuse the Coates/Wylie stoush. Who knows there might also be some interest in reporting on ASADA.

I thought journalists only read tweets nowdays?

Two old friends who both still work as political/news ā€˜journosā€™ for Fairfax can, after much investigation, bitterly confirm this. One looks back fondly on her time at the Dandi Leader interrogating old ladies about the true extent of their teaspoon collections. More substance.

The Joint Investigation is the root cause of the problem. To suggest otherwise is naive.Under the ASADA Act they didnt have the power to make players answer questions. Under this scenario players couldnt be charged seeing ASADA based decisions on players stating they received injections along with the consent forms.

Its also important to realise that if ASADA lost the Federal Court Case they would have dropped the case because if they had to reinterview players, it would have been a case of ā€™ no comment.ā€™

1 Like
I have observed that the journos will wade through anything for the gems. At the moment the political journos are riveted with watching Senate Estimates Online no matter how much time it takes and the dross they have to sift through to get their stories. I expect the Health Ageing and Sport Estimates hearing will be closely watched by journos, mostly for Health and Ageing , but sport might get a run in light of Hunt's offer to defuse the Coates/Wylie stoush. Who knows there might also be some interest in reporting on ASADA.

journos read?

What farkin journos?

1. It is incomprehensible that you(SWMNBN)would be so stupid to raise the issue of leaks. It is my understanding that because you received more leaks than the urinals at the G on a hot Boxing Day Test between Australia and England that you had to revert to wearing gum boots.

Haha classic Bruce

Funny and incisive and all, but neither of the intended recipients would have read past the first insult if they started in at all. So whatā€™s the point? His more temperate letters are the model he ought to stick to. With respect.

I am sure that Bruce knows that Ms Wilson, Patrick Smith and Gillon McLachlan wouldnā€™t read a single word. He is obviously not writing for them. They wonā€™t change their attitudes. He is writing to inform us of their mistakes. He is writing to amuse us. We love to see them receive some of their own medicine. He is writing to amuse the other journalists who despise Wilson and Smith etc. Iā€™ve been told Bruce gets good feedback from other journalists every time he attacks Wilson and Smith. One of his prized emails was sent by the late Rebecca Wilson over the Eddie McGuire drowning episode. Rebecca wasnā€™t sympathetic towards Caroline. As Bruce has provided 99% of our knowledge I donā€™t understand why people here attack him. Surely he knows what he is doing. He has a reason for each action he takes

Gotcha. Iā€™ve always assumed there was an element of tilting at windmills (in lieu of the dragons paying any attention) to it. Glad to know thereā€™s a strategy involved. Btw, wasnā€™t attacking him, just seemed a bit crass and self defeating this time around.

Look, Iā€™m as anti-the-world as anyone here, and I do appreciate all Bruce has done, and all he continues to do, but farkme, I canā€™t get past a few of his opening lines either, so Iā€™m not too sure how ā€˜optimalā€™ his style is. I find myself scrolling through to the poignant bits - and Iā€™m a supporter.

As I have already said ā€¦ they have to read Bruceā€™s stuff because of the things he knows. As other have said, most of what has been exposed has been Bruceā€™s work. Because they donā€™t know what he will come up with next, they have to read it in case they need to counter it. Remember, Bruce has just won a major with the Information Commissioner over ASADA. ASADA wanted him labelled a vexatious litigant in an attempt to stop him getting even more information. ASADA complained failed miserably, the Information Commissioner ruling in Bruceā€™s favour 100 per cent. A day later, McDevitt re-signed. Whether itā€™s ASADA, the AFL or the journos, they have to read Bruce because of his ability to keep coming up with more and more damaging information against them. And because Bruce targets who gets his email, someone like Caro or Patrick has to read the ones about them because they know their bosses are also getting the emails. You canā€™t defend yourself to your boss if you donā€™t know whatā€™s in the email yourself. Journalism is a business full of back-stabbers ā€¦

Well littlebomber - Iā€™ll repeat - " Iā€™m as anti-the-world as anyone here, and I do appreciate all Bruce has done, and all he continues to do, butā€¦"

Happy to agree to disagree on the rest. I say - his style is not ideal.
Others think differently.
I am not arguing the validity of his work.

i can't speak for the J34 or anyone else for that matter, but the outcome I want is an authoritative public acknowledgment that the players, Hird, Bomber and Corcoran were stitched up by corruption within ASADA ( from Andruska through MCD); corruption in its relations with the corrupt AFL and corruption in its relations with another corrupt body in WADA; leading to a corrupted CAS outcome. Take no prisoners! To me it is not about overturning past decisions , but I want the inquiry to lead to reform and in particular for the AFL to be exposed for what it did and what it will continue to do with its corporate cowboy mates absent reform. And I want the Australian Givernment to rethink its policies, including playing an active role in reform of WADA.

I honestly donā€™t think ASADA under Andruska were corrupt, I think they were completely and utterly inept. The AFL on the other handā€¦

Andruska was also completely and utterly inept in the witness box. Still trying to find her true calling.

Rubbish!

J-Mudd thought she was the bestest witness that ever witnessed in the history of witnessing. He even went out of his way to let us all know that.

ahhā€¦ a tribute to moe larry and curlyā€¦the best salesman that ever sailedā€¦off topic

1. It is incomprehensible that you(SWMNBN)would be so stupid to raise the issue of leaks. It is my understanding that because you received more leaks than the urinals at the G on a hot Boxing Day Test between Australia and England that you had to revert to wearing gum boots.

Haha classic Bruce

Funny and incisive and all, but neither of the intended recipients would have read past the first insult if they started in at all. So whatā€™s the point? His more temperate letters are the model he ought to stick to. With respect.

I am sure that Bruce knows that Ms Wilson, Patrick Smith and Gillon McLachlan wouldnā€™t read a single word. He is obviously not writing for them. They wonā€™t change their attitudes. He is writing to inform us of their mistakes. He is writing to amuse us. We love to see them receive some of their own medicine. He is writing to amuse the other journalists who despise Wilson and Smith etc. Iā€™ve been told Bruce gets good feedback from other journalists every time he attacks Wilson and Smith. One of his prized emails was sent by the late Rebecca Wilson over the Eddie McGuire drowning episode. Rebecca wasnā€™t sympathetic towards Caroline. As Bruce has provided 99% of our knowledge I donā€™t understand why people here attack him. Surely he knows what he is doing. He has a reason for each action he takes

Gotcha. Iā€™ve always assumed there was an element of tilting at windmills (in lieu of the dragons paying any attention) to it. Glad to know thereā€™s a strategy involved. Btw, wasnā€™t attacking him, just seemed a bit crass and self defeating this time around.

Look, Iā€™m as anti-the-world as anyone here, and I do appreciate all Bruce has done, and all he continues to do, but farkme, I canā€™t get past a few of his opening lines either, so Iā€™m not too sure how ā€˜optimalā€™ his style is. I find myself scrolling through to the poignant bits - and Iā€™m a supporter.

As I have already said ā€¦ they have to read Bruceā€™s stuff because of the things he knows. As other have said, most of what has been exposed has been Bruceā€™s work. Because they donā€™t know what he will come up with next, they have to read it in case they need to counter it. Remember, Bruce has just won a major with the Information Commissioner over ASADA. ASADA wanted him labelled a vexatious litigant in an attempt to stop him getting even more information. ASADA complained failed miserably, the Information Commissioner ruling in Bruceā€™s favour 100 per cent. A day later, McDevitt re-signed. Whether itā€™s ASADA, the AFL or the journos, they have to read Bruce because of his ability to keep coming up with more and more damaging information against them. And because Bruce targets who gets his email, someone like Caro or Patrick has to read the ones about them because they know their bosses are also getting the emails. You canā€™t defend yourself to your boss if you donā€™t know whatā€™s in the email yourself. Journalism is a business full of back-stabbers ā€¦

I would imagine they would also be looking for mistakes they could take him to court over. They would definitely be reading them.

Nobody will sue Bruce, although iā€™m sure bruce would very much like them to.

By doing that they would expose themselves to the discovery process, subpoenas, and possible examination under oath.

Ignoring Bruce is a much more effective weapon against him. By suing him they give him credibility and a platform.

1 Like

Haha classic Bruce

I would imagine they would also be looking for mistakes they could take him to court over. They would definitely be reading them.

Why would they want to take him to court? Would only give a voice to his assertions.

Bruce good, Darli bad.

Interesting that Tracey also said in regards the leaked tape that there was more to come. Or did I take that the wrong way?

ooohhh more bruce is good/bruce is bad discussions.

goody.

Haha classic Bruce

journos read?

Haha classic Bruce

Serious question. What facts have been revealed/news broken directly because of Bruce Francis?

As to the recipients of his emails actually reading themā€¦ any half decent spam filter would block them, because they are spam.

Haha classic Bruce

Meanwhile, our chief lawmaker, Brandis, is back in Senate Estimates, into bashing Triggs and mediation processes under the Hunan Rights legal provisions. He is saying that the courts should decide such matters. Apart from mediation and arbitration being established alternative dispute resolution processes in Oz ( which his portfolio administers) if he were consistent - instead of deflective point scoring - he should be concerned at Australian athletes being subject to private Swiss arbitration processes.
If you're talking spicy food, I'm more interested in the Szechuan Rights.

Meanwhile, our chief lawmaker, Brandis, is back in Senate Estimates, into bashing Triggs and mediation processes under the Hunan Rights legal provisions. He is saying that the courts should decide such matters. Apart from mediation and arbitration being established alternative dispute resolution processes in Oz ( which his portfolio administers) if he were consistent - instead of deflective point scoring - he should be concerned at Australian athletes being subject to private Swiss arbitration processes.

1 Like

Haha classic Bruce

Haha classic Bruce

Apparently thatā€™s not the case at all. They have to read them because Bruce knows too much to be dismissed. Because the distribution list is pretty well targeted, you canā€™t afford to not know what is being said about the quality of your work to your colleagues, your employer(s) and the other high profile people on the distribution list. The word is that a lot of journos take great delight in reading Bruceā€™s stuff, especially articles that take the mickey out of people like Caro and Patrick Smith and knowing that makes it hard to ignore as well. You need to know what all the giggling is about:) It is not just thieves among whom there is little honour!

Good stuff

I just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off that their pants donā€™t actually catch on fire, so I edited it to at least make it look like they did.

http://i.imgur.com/5hy7sa4.gif

all of them have to much hair IMO