Sorry Saga - Why do we fight?

I have worked it now.

Alex is your name

F stands for F**kwit

And 94 is double your IQ

The one who wants the thread closed but keeps posting on it

3 Likes

Yes, the meeting was organized by Gordon, who was rewarded with a premiership a couple of years later.

2 Likes

Wow sensitive much Bacchus?

1 Like

I am just a sensitive new age guy

But what are you ?

We were stitched up both in the Federal Court and the Vic Supreme Court. I would not be confident that the AFLā€™s influence does not extend to the High Court as well.

3 Likes

A ridiculously good looking man with an incredible donga.

5 Likes

Yes Albert - but the grounds for appeal to the High Court were substantially different. It was a question of whether the High Court is the final court of appeal for all legal matters within the Australian jurisdiction, or whether that right can be usurped by a foreign tribunal outside the jurisdiction, which tribunal acts according to a definition of the rule of law which is at odds with the one accepted here.

1 Like

Send photo evidence to the Site moderators for authenticity, probably need a very high resolution photo.

1 Like

Caring, understandingā€¦

Would love a warts and all documentary from Tracey Holmes. How good would that be?

5 Likes

I have this memoryā€¦it might be completely wrong, butā€¦
Itā€™s of Tracey Holmes discussing the ā€˜please explainā€™ interview with a female journalist, saying it was poor journalism.
And the other woman says,
ā€˜Yeahā€¦that was me.ā€™

IIRC, she has tweeted she is offering

Yes but is there any evidence that she will present the real story rather than the conventional AFL/ASADA/Government sanctioned story?

Lots. She interviewed Hird, no twisting. She came to do a presentation organised by the J34, organised zoom engagement with her international contacts who have reservations with the anti doping system and sport power structures.
She has taken up the cause of others who have been scapegoated by sports administrators .
She is not a click bait journo - probably more respected internationally than at home.

25 Likes

She is also the only journalist who fairly presented the Sun Yang case and has interviewed others about doping cases that shouldnā€™t have been prosecuted and mistakes that have been made in testing protocols that have taken years to be fixed.

20 Likes

Sorry for the late response. I know from a Lawyer friend of mine and former Xavier College graduate that there is a tribute to Jobe (ex-school captain) in the ā€œHall of Fameā€ at the school. The school is known for the high number of graduates who are now in the legal profession and they held a function there a few years back. Guest of Honor (cough, cough) was Mike Fitzpatrick. When confronted by the tribute to the 2012 Brownlow Medalist Fitzpatrick commented that Watson was not the Brownlow Medalist. The MC retorted that Xavier College does not acknowledge the AFL on this matter and as far as the college was concerned Jobe Watson will always be exalted as a great school captain and 2012 Brownlow medalist.

69 Likes

I can imagine the look on Fitzpatrickā€™s face. I sincerely hope he choked on his own bile at such a brilliant rebuff.

15 Likes

:heart:

8 Likes

love it!

1 Like