Space

I like space. Veronica Mars, my favourite Martian, Voyager, Titan AE got a run a couple of nights ago, any Aliens movies, any space doco, Babylon zoo space man, Space jam & the quark series.
Space is fully sic.

Anyone watching Catalyst?

Worth a bump.

Special event tonight. The Christmas star.

Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn. Look out for a very bright star in the western sky about an hour after sunset.

2 Likes

Been watching it over the last few nights, very cool.

Bit late seeing this unfortunately. Would have checked it out last night.

Pretty sure the only thing you’d have seen was cloud, unless it was clear down your way, which seems unlikely

4 Likes

New Rover landed today

1 Like

Although you actually chose the correct thread, … the Science thread says hello from 3 days ago. :wink:

1 Like

Well technically Mars is a planet so it’s not ‘space’.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, … it’s NASA, not NAMA … :smirk:

So Earth sciences by NASA is also space? :rofl:

What? Science is now space

So landing on the lake, of Mars, previous life may be this point, if we we find previous life, what does that mean ??

Oh no, now I can’t remember which thread I get grumpy in. Maybe it’s this one, and my grumpiness in the other thread was misplaced.

(Grumpiness in a “I have clearly wasted my life and hate the world” sort of way)

Anyway, teenage daughter set her alarm and actually got out of bed and we watched this together which was nice.

1 Like

This was so epically awesome.

Like everything about this is next level incredible.

Flying through the atmosphere with a parachute at 4 times the speed of sound.

Using a rocket powered sky crane to lower a small car gently to the ground.

Automatically scanning the ground and steering to a safe landing point. I mean look at how much carnage this could have hit.

And in a 10km wide target circle, it landed 2km from the centre.

All on a 7 min delay to earth. Done completely autonomously.

Now there’s a nuclear powered science buggy on Mars.

With its own toy helicopter on board.

2 Likes

It means God moves in mysterious ways and planted the Mars life there for us to find.

1 Like

It means it’s highly probable that life is abundant in the universe.

Is it though? Mars is not space, it’s a planet, and perseverance’s primary mission is to conduct science.

This should should be a poll.

It’s all Science of course, and this some very scientific science, but when is a NASA Mission not a Space mission?