[spec] on changes for the Eagles - 2020 round 15

The more they butter us up, the less afraid they are.

2 Likes

Exactly right.

They more we are talked about the worse we play

What have the Roman’s ever done for us!

2 Likes

W____ i_ t__ t___?

2 Likes

Woodsie it seems is spot on👍 I checked with someone and same scenario texted back. Hooksy close to confirmed on radio too. Great changes and keeping Hooksy forward a smart play. Back up ruck role with Stewart might be only concern

6 Likes

We beat Suns & GWS, if the umpires were not bias.

So if we do not make the 8 by percentage or say 4 premiership points, that can just be laid at the feet of the umpires, and the AFL duds for not acting on the umpires clear anti Essendon bias decisions (with the exception of a couple of games)…and really is been going on for years now, there is no excuses any more. It has become so bad I feel bad decisions against us are probably ingrained into most of their tiny brains now, so in their micro minds, if your gunna err, fark Essendon over 1st, cause thats been OK’d by their club, by the AFL and lets not forget the AFL ■■■■ kissing media…the ones that are supposed to call it out.

Essendon going full LID OFF!

1 Like

I’m guessing 6:25 pm when we see the team changes

Have we ever had better improvements than these reported changes? It’s like swapping a broken HB and 2 dried out textas for a tin of Derwents.

1 Like

Derwents

The rich kids in my class the only ones who had a set

5 Likes

Happy to see Draper back in but Phillips out is a bit stiff. Daniher playing twice in 5 days is a bit risky…

2 Likes

Phillips out because we already have 4 tall forwards.

1 Like

Senior coach John Worsfold is backing the Bombers’ game-plan to stand up against the possession-heavy Eagles.

1 day

Essendon senior coach John Worsfold. (Photo: AFL Photos)

Essendon will look to mitigate West Coast’s dominance around uncontested possessions when it faces the flag fancies at the Gabba on Tuesday night.

The Eagles were on an eight-game winning streak before falling to a 27-point defeat to Richmond at Metricon Stadium last week.

A lot of their dominance has been built on a possession-based game style, which sees them ranked second for kicks and marks per game.

Senior coach John Worsfold said the Bombers, who have put a large emphasis on applying pressure this season, would back their system.

“Most of the focus this week has been on the way we want to play. Because it’s a new game-plan, we must spend a lot of time practising what we want to do,” Worsfold said.

“We look at the opposition, that’s a given week to week. We’re well and truly aware of the way West Coast play and how they want to move the ball and how they’ll set up at stoppages, but we need to continue to back ourselves and how we want to play.

“But you’ll see us focusing on how we want to play and how we want to move the ball, and we need to test that out tomorrow against a really good opposition (in West Coast).”

Essendon will be searching for its second consecutive win following its come-from-behind victory over Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval last week.

Trailing by 36 points at half-time, the Bombers outscored the Hawks by 52 points in the second half to claim a 16-point win.

Worsfold said his side would use that sensational second half as a springboard against the Eagles.

“The excitement was real for the players and the other coaches. I’ve been through these phases before as senior coach and I don’t take it for granted. I was genuinely excited after the discussions I had with (senior assistant coach Ben Rutten) Ben at half-time and the energy at three-quarter time and post-game was really great,” he said.

“It doesn’t mean we’ve turned the corner completely - we’re still going to be challenged and by good teams in the next month, but we need to keep building on that energy.

“There was some stuff structurally we changed with the way we set the team up, but the way we moved the ball was what we’ve been training.

“We saw it for a half, we need to be more consistent in our games but it’s coming along. The opposition will change things up to influence how we want to move the ball, but we need to be more consistent and I’m confident that will come.”

The Bombers will release their line-up at 6:20pm AEST on Monday night, with Cale Hooker set to be named for his 200th AFL game.

The 31-year-old follows Adam Saad (100 games), Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (100) and Devon Smith (150), who also notched up their milestone games in Queensland recently.

With West Coast missing star goalkicker Josh Kennedy, Worsfold said Hooker’s ability to leave the back-line and have stints inside 50 would be an asset.

“(The milestone) is a real credit to him," Worsfold said.

“Cale gives us great flexibility. We know he’s an All-Australian defender, and a more-than-average forward, so it’s exciting for us to have those options that we didn’t even have a couple of weeks ago.”

1 Like

the session is a captains run, a light session, so you cant say who’s playing from them not participating much.

Edit: unless you see official EFC brand moon boots.

Where is the fkg team?

1 Like

It will be very interesting to see what role they give Heppell for the rest of the season. I’d personally like him to eventually end up back in the centre square rotations, but I don’t think it’s worth putting him there this season.
I reckon put him on a wing and let him float back and intercept as the extra defender

1 Like

Backing up Joe so quickly after having him in cotton wool for so long is a bold move. Someone’s getting canned if the OP flares up again in the next couple of weeks.

15 posts were split to a new topic: The team to Wet the Toast - 2020 round 15

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The team to Wet the Toast - 2020 round 15