Speculation about changes for Dream Time v The Tigs

So are the following all likely to come back into the selection mix for either AFL or VFL next week?

• Mitch Brown
  • Marty Gleeson
  • James Stewart
  • Shaun Mckernan

Or is Smack another couple of weeks away? Mynott?

1 Like

I think the injury report last week said Brown and Smack should be available for selection for dreamtime game. Out of those 2 you would think Brown would be more likely as he was coming off wrist injury so would think he would of kept up his fitness a bit more coming off 4 weeks.

1 Like

Smack is coming straight back in. YOU WILL ALL LIKE IT

2 Likes

If smack is fit he plays. I so badly want to see him and joe play in the same forward line to see how it works

In: smack
Out: bags

I love the bags and how he plays his footy but he is really really struggling out there. The speed of the game catches up with everyone. No shame in that at all

I think mcneice will be needed for the Richmond smalls.

2 Likes

You’d prefer Smack over Brown?

Yep. He’s our best contested mark up forward. Its a no brainer

3 Likes

Better than Joe?

f Brown is right (i.e., from FNQ) he’s back in and Begley is out like a bad tax (will come good, but skill level esp. kicking was a bit below AFL at present)

Id keep Begley in until Fantasia is ready.

2 Likes

Back the team in.

For once make no changes. It’s what we should be striving for.

1 Like

Whatever happens, I just hope Francis can play as a defender, AFL or VFL.

Brown for Begley is the only obvious change for me. Need a lead up forward and I think MB is better in the role than Begley. Conor to be put on notice.

Havent been able to commit until now.
Just checked ticketing level 4
member $20 adult $55

Is that because its richmonds home game its dearer?

1 Like

Barring injury to Ambrose, Hurley or Hooker I don’t see that he will lock down a key defensive post until one of these guys move on. Can’t see the match committee ever really going with 4 key defenders due to the impact on team balance.

I agree, it would be ideal to settle him in defence but if he can build on last night’s performance I think he is better served playing at the highest level as a forward for now than playing VFL.

Interesting dynamic when both Smack and Brown are both available though isn’t it.

1 Like

The result of this game will determine next weeks result… Win and we lose next week or lose and we win next week. It’s just who we are.

If we go WW then hand us the flag

No chance this week.

Week after, don’t even wanna think about it.

8 Likes

you will think about it constantly, cos you know what’s going to happen.

If McKernan is fit, he comes in. Else it’s
In: Myers
Out: McNiece / Begley

Smack over brown everyday for mine. Smack is a better contested mark than joe imo. Smack deep forward and joe higher up could be very very damaging.

The opposition love to double team joe, so if he pushes higher up the extra will be caught in no mans land

Richmond don’t have a lot of quality tall defenders, let’s exploit that

If Richmond are too worried about smack then stringer gets the 3rd choice defender, if it goes the other way smack does
Begley stays for in.The kid has got “it”.he Just needs games. When Raz comes back ,bags goes out

4 Likes

It must be. I got a seat for Anzac Day for $7 but a not quite as good seat for Dreamtime was $20.

1 Like