Speculation on changes for Adelaide (2019 round 18)

Do we know what sort of lineup Adelaide will play?

Was only Jenkins and Walker this week, but Himmelburg has played a few (been quietish)

Assuming they’ll stick with a side that won by a million…

@wimmera1?

1 Like

I can’t help but feel the recent crap about Fanta going home is some what true. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. Hopefully my feel is incorrect.
Also can someone tell me what’s wrong with Ridley? How’s he been travelling in the 2s? I thought he looked pretty decent, with a smart head on him.

Anyway:

In: Zerk or Hartley (Hurley) both of Hooker is out.
Snelling (anyone, hopefully Raz is ok and can turn it around)

Unless Fanta can’t get off the couch to make it to the airport there is no world where we drop him.

Back him in like we have done with lots of players this season and it will pay dividends.

2 Likes

Hell no

No changes for mine.

Already been done, Wim.

He’s talking Adelaide, I think…

2 Likes

I said in Fantasia thread a couple weeks ago that they were likely to give him 2-3 weeks rest. It hasn’t happened yet but he’s been managed since about round 8 at training. If you saw him at the ground last night he’s basically playing as a decoy, sacrificing his game to open up space for the other forwards. He’s very sore. He can’t extend to full pace. I’d be in favour of him resting a couple weeks and bring him back for Port if he’s ok. Give Snelling a run.

27 Likes

surely it’s at the point now he has to be rested. you can’t have a dedicated decoy in your starting 22 in this day and age.

3 Likes

It’s Ham or Snelling time!!!

2 Likes

I remember you saying that. It makes sense.

Fanta’s output the last few weeks has been poor. We can only improve with someone that’s fit and then it gives Fanta a chance to recover.

Besides which, a 6 day break would be very risky.

Out - Hurley and Fantasia
In - Zerk-Thatcher and Snelling.

Heppell a chance?

When you say he’s “sore”, do you know what the actual injury is?
Groin?

ankle sore

4 Likes

If Hartley plays I want to see the barrel to centre square kick out strategy employed.

5 Likes

id go hartley on jenkins
Francis on Tex

5 Likes

Has Francis got the tank for that?

All those idiots bagging Hurley in recent weeks…
Fark i’d much rather him in then not

10 Likes

Yep.

He’s not the primo one on one defender he once was, but he’s still a ■■■■■■ good footballer

No idea. They’ve kept that very quiet but I’d be thinking similar to you if asked to guess.

1 Like

My thoughts would be a no.