Speculation on changes for Adelaide (2019 round 18)

Is rambrose ready?

Still a couple away I think.

Out: Hurley, Fantasia

In: Heppell, Hartley

Begley, Baguley, Myers and Zerk-Thatcher emergencies bearing in mind the VFL has a week off

Walla not in your best 12?

When did we last win 4 games in a row? Massive game on Friday night.

Much as I am a Hartley fan, I think Zerk-Thatcher is a more like for like with Hurley. Much more mobile than Harts. If Hooker goes down then yep, bring in Harts. As for VFL players pushing for selection outside of KPP’s, Mynott for mine is probably leading the charge with Snelling and Ham on his hammer. If we feel we need another big mid to help counter the Crouch brothers, then Myers may be a consideration

3 Likes

With Hurley having surgery and not available for some time. I’m guessing Zerk-Thatcher - I haven’t seen much VFL. How ready is he for seniors?

Last injury report had Ambrose at 2 weeks, so he should be back in time for the Port game then?

Rumour on Facebook (before EFC posted the Hurley update) was that Hurley was done for the year and Fantasia was out for 2 weeks. Thought nothing of it. But with the news about Hurley being confirmed, wondering if there’s some truth to Fantasia.

Snelling in for Fanta?

1 Like

Surgery?
SURGERY?!

Is this confirmed?

Yes EFC posted it on their website.

Why is everyone wanting Snelling replacing Fanta? Isn’t Snelling playing primarily as a mid.
I’d rather Begley comes back.

2 Likes

BeCaUsE hE’s ShOrT

2 Likes

I thought he’d bring the pressure at least and rotate through the midfield.

Is Ridley not also a hurley replacement?

2 Likes

He could be. He’s nearly the same height isn’t he?
I’ll feel a bit more comfortable if we get Ambrose back in a couple of weeks and hopefully Hooker is still ok.
Essentially that would mean Francis playing the Hurley role which I think Francis is best suited to

9 Likes

I’m hoping Raz can turn it around- I do wonder if he’s become a bit too comfortable with himself. Surely he’ll be embarrassed by his performances of late. Turning it on in Adelaide would be perfect.

1 Like

I don’t feel comfortable with the matchups we have for Jenkins and Tex. I know people will find that statement laughable, but Hooker doesn’t have the pace to go with Jenkins and Tex plays too high up the ground for him. Francis seems too small for Tex too. Wonder what the outcome is. Ridley, Zerk, Hartley? At least we have some depth.

3 Likes

An opponent going too far up the field rarely worries Hooker. If they want a mark at half-back, fine. Hooker will back himself to do exactly the same, and meanwhile his man has kicked no goals.

I think our selections will be determined on whether they’re comfortable with Bezerk Thatcher on Jenkins. I know Josh can be a bit soft, but there’s a decent weight difference there.

2 Likes

We are playing the best flat track bullies in the competition… on their home turf with barely a major injury.

If we give them a sniff early with all our ‘outs’ then they will smell blood.

4 Likes

When is Ambrose back from injury

I would go with Mitch brown on Jenkins. Jenkins is more of a lead up player.

Hooker goes to walker

Last weeks injury report said 2 weeks I think. So he should be back for Gold Coast - Port at the latest you’d think.