Speculation on changes for Weagles

Brown in for Stringer, if he doesn’t get up from the leg injury. Unless he is 100 % cherry ripe, then he should be rested. Not a like for like change, because there is no one else like Jake. Brown will enjoy roaming the wide open spaces of Optus.

If Stringer gets up for the game, then Brown in for Begley. We need a full contribution from the whole 22 and righ now Begley isn’t up to it, we can’t afford to carry him in this game. He needs to go back to the Maggoos and build his confidence.

If Stringer doesn’t make it, then Baguley in for Begley. Two changes max. This game is very winnable, l am picking us to come home with the chocolates. I will be there and barracking hard, but l don’t expect to get a warning from insecurity.

19 Likes

No changes for mine, unless forced through injury (Stringer) or management (Woosha said that Belly was sore post-game). And Zlarke was pulled from the magoos. At this stage, it is looking like Brown in for Stringer.

Begley stays in. I don’t wanna mess with a winning formula and reckon our best 22 looks solid at the moment.

4 Likes

Brown for stringer.

1 Like

Need Brown in to engage McGovern. If Brown leads up McGovern won’t follow so we honor the lead. If he does then Brown takes away the intercept risk.

10 Likes

IF McGovern is allowed to take his regulation zillion or so uncontested marks in defence, the WEagles will waltz in. l don’t care who is in the vicinty, but some player needs to contest him in any marking contest.

1 Like

Last year’s forward line vs WC

HF: Fantasia Brown TIPPA
F: Baguley Smack Stringer

With Green also playing off the bench

Brown had 9 marks and kept McGov accountable

4 Likes

Did I read somewhere that TBell was sore? (Or punched someone?)

About 4 posts ago

6 Likes

:smile:

I wonder what the result would be if we sent Ambrose forward to take McGovern, and let Francis play defence.

Ambrose would need to impact the scoreboard as well as provide a presence in the air. While he has played forward before, the results were not all that encouraging. A more engaging consideration is the effect such a move would have on the defence. The defensive unit is tight and l wuldn’t be messing with it in any way, shape or form. Francis back in the forward line is more likely, but Brown still offers us more up forward.

2 Likes

And Jack Darling would have Francis cooked in half a quarter running wise

4 Likes

So how do we beat West Coast in Perth? What do we need to do?

Exactly. Ambrose has to play on Darling surely.

2 Likes

Simply score more than they do!

2 Likes

No changes for mine.

4 Likes

Murder the umpires.

10 Likes

:laughing: That’s definitely a good start aye

We have to win despite pissweak efforts of the chumps, who always favour the home team, always.

1 Like

We are so getting Marghetts and Fisher for this one.

4 Likes