Speculation on changes vs Dogs

reckon I might let the selection committee make the choices

pretty sure most people here have image

5 Likes

That’s very elaborate.

1 Like

you could say that for 99.9% of blitz. may as well close the place down if we’re not allowed to talk about stuff we have no idea about.

5 Likes

talk about it all you like mate…its just my opinion…unless your my wife then of course I’m not allowed to have one

Not if Hartley rucks. Hooker back and McKernan forward.

Brown to pinch hit in the ruck when forward and support Hartley when needing a rest.

Anything but Z Clarke in the ruck would be better

2 Likes

meaning? Jok can play wing and relief ruck…we could do worse

Did Blitz miss the Adelaide debacle where Hartley was attempted in the ruck, only for it to last less than a half he was that bad?

Think about that. Clarke is still getting games in the ruck, yet Hartley didn’t last a half.

4 Likes

surely Hep can get a pain killing injection for his foot and play on saturday.

Hartley in the ruck isn’t the answer. We just all have to hope Clarke can just suck much less and break even with his opponent each week

3 Likes

The only positive about the ruck situation this week is that we’re up against the youngest number one ruckman in the league in Tim English.

Clarke will bounce back.

Can’t hold great players down for consecutive weeks, will monster the less experienced pom.

1 Like

Clarke and great player in the same sentence, you are very lid off i will give you that

I would settle for serviceable at this stage

He seems to follow up his stinkers with decent games, so here’s hoping

1 Like

Options better than ZClarke

Hartley
Jok
My grandmother
Lou my neighbour
Paul Salmon

2 Likes

Unfortunately we also need Stringer on the other end of the bounce and also in the forward line. He’s good but not sure he can be in three places at once.

2 Likes

That could sour our evening.

1 Like

Geez and their first ruck is only kid aswell, fk me they’re taking liberties.

1 Like

Dual premiership Kangaroo David King says Essendon can no longer carry a ruckman that’s “not at AFL level”, urging the Bombers to look to Richmond and Shaun Grigg for inspiration.

Aug 9 2019

7:50PM

With Zac Clarke struggling, Essendon should look to Richmond and Shaun Grigg for inspiration, says David King.Source: FOX SPORTS

With first-choice ruckman Tom Bellchambers still sidelined with a calf issue, as well as Sam Draper (knee) out for the year and Shaun McKernan preferred up forward, the Bombers have played pre-season recruit Zac Clarke in the senior team.

However Clarke’s output has been a source of frustration for Essendon fans during his seven games this season — frustration that reached a crescendo during the club’s 59-point loss to Port Adelaide on the weekend as third-gamer Peter Ladhams took the points.

Live stream the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on KAYO SPORTS. Every match of every round. Live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

King said the Bombers “pay a price” when Clarke is in the ruck, saying they “leak heavily” from centre bounce clearances.

The Fox Footy and SEN analyst added the Bombers should take Richmond’s used of Grigg in its premiership year as inspiration. The midfielder famously reinvented himself as a second ruckman and utility, playing a key role competing at stoppages during the Tigers’ drought-breaking 2017 flag.

“They’re playing a ruckman, in my opinion, that’s not at AFL level (in) Zac Clarke … I wonder why they persist going down this path,” King told SEN’s Whateley .

Zac Clarke went up against Paddy Ruder and Port teammate Peter Ladhams on the weekend.Source: AAP

“What’s the worth of putting a guy in just simply because he’s tall? If you can’t actually win hit-outs or give your midfield any supply — and we’ve seen the Shaun Grigg success — why not go for an extra runner? And it probably suits Essendon more than other teams to have that extra runner in the midfield.”

King said he’d “seriously be assessing” the Bombers’ ruck position and would favour “another runner-type” that had the height to also compete at ball-ups and boundary throw-ins.

“If you’ve got a tall type, like a (David) Myers, who can half-compete in boundary throw-ins or just replace a centre half-back or a full-back or a centre-half forward or a full-forward, allow them to take the ruck knock then you follow up after that,” he said.

“That’s what I’d be looking at. There’s some opportunity for change there.”

Simmons, fellow stars at AFL

0:20

The Bombers were flying high on the back of five successive wins and could have all but secured a top-eight position with a win over Port. But Ken Hinkley’s men played like their season depended on the game, pulling away for a 19.12 (126) to 9.13 (67) victory.

The Power kicked 8.2 (50) from their defensive 50 — they usually only average 11 points per game — against the Bombers, who had their lowest pressure rating for the year, according to Champion Data to prove how easy they were to score against.

King said the Bombers had an “awful day” but should treat it as an outlier performance.

“In my opinion, you just put a line through it and move on. You’ve won seven of your past nine,” he said.

2 Likes

■■■■ it throw get Tom Jok in to the ruck, maybe he can use his athleticism to replicate some of what Aliir Aliir did to us

He’s played one good game out of 7, he was a liability last week as he has been most of the year. It’s time to try something different, again

1 Like

Christ, he’s ripped off something I said

1 Like