Speculation on changes vs Suns (R19, 2019)

Essendon 25.11.161
Stringer 7
Brown 5
Smack 5
Tippa 4
Hepp
Zerrett
Sheil
Irish

GC 5.1.31
2MP 5

9 Likes

Ok now i actually want to know what a win like that would do to our %

Would add about 10

IN: VFL side to play the suns.
OUT: AFL side to play Williamstown.

Seniors get a training game, VFL players get elevated for a round… win/win… unless we lose.

1 Like

If it was anyone other than GC then no way I’d rest him. But it’s interstate, he’s a bit ginger, and GC are a puddle of vomit.

If you rest him again, you’re then having to bring him back after missing 3 of the previous 4.

His touch and form is completely out the window by that point - and he then has to find it against a better side in Port. It took him a good half to get into the game on friday.

1 Like

Win by 90 points +, then win all our other games by say 20ish… and richmond drop a game, we will have 113% (1% more than the lions) and can possibly just make top 4. … just.
And when i say Just… Lions also have to drop 2… luckily they play Richmond… so as long as they dont draw … it helps us. (north where robbed… then we have to hope Geelong can do it) the both have to drop at least 1 each… and we dont play them either.

Richmonds only real possible loss i think is WCE … but its not a lock. (unless melbourne decides it wants to play well against them at the G)

But yeh… we win by 90 points it gives us a slim chance of getting to 4th spot, double chance and mostly likely Cats at the MCG.

I think we have more chance of getting a 90+ win over SUNS than winning all last 5 games though…

and GWS and WCE have much to good a percentage to effect them… unless they lose 3 games or something… i dont see that happening.

Cats would be shiiiiiiiiting themselves at the prospect of playing us at the G in a final.

If we win all 5 we’ll definitely make top 4.
But I would think it’s very unlikely that we’ll win all 5.

No they wouldn’t

9 Likes

First beat GC then focus on the final month.
Have a look at who might be back for finals and work out what we have to play with.

If the only game we drop is Freo then I don’t care. Just don’t want us to drop any of the next 3 matches.

3 Likes

Do they have a board?

Serious question.

1 Like

Bigfooty

I think there’s 4 people posting there…and the match thread for Essendon includes a Carlton supporter hoping they win.

Bit depressing.

4 Likes

Instaban

1 Like

It’s would fantastic to see Myers, Baguley and Hocking finish their footballing careers with a VFL premiership.

6 Likes

I expect nothing less then the same result we saw in regional football this weekend. No exceptions.

5 Likes

I’d like to see Hooker start forward and move back if required - interesting to see the reverse of what we usually do.
Suns were better this week, albeit against FC. Take in 22 fit and raring to go players. If we get off to a flyer and game is dusted by half time then we can manage players.

1 Like

Imagine the media about how GC lost that game!

1 Like

In continuing our recent trend of mowing sides down in the last third of the game I’d say GC would have around 20 goals. Like it! Who doesn’t love a good old shoot out! I’d change Nernz to 12 snags though.