Speculation on round 23 changes vs Filth

Who remembers when gull got ronnie

1 Like

Need a Maddog Fan Rant please

7 Likes

Before me but Stewie could go apparently.

Essendon faces another challenge this Friday night, taking on fifth-placed Collingwood in a blockbuster at the MCG.

Shiel said the Bombers would use this week as a rehearsal for finals.

“It is simple: you prepare to win, like you do any other game. It’s a good opportunity for a team that hasn’t played many finals to treat this game as a rehearsal because there is every chance we could be lining up against the same club two weeks later,” Shiel said.

“There is a really good opportunity there for a couple of guys coming into the side, getting some games into their careers early on, on a big stage against the Pies.

“It will be an exciting opportunity on Friday night.”

Although sticking to his normal approach to the game, the midfielder took the opportunity to add one additional aspect to his preparation.

“My preparation started early in the week. Every time I see a magpie, I target it – it gets me in the right mindset,” he joked.

3 Likes

OK conditions forecast for Friday night. A bit less wind would have been better.
But NO Rain.

1 Like

I know we are playing Collingwood, but I don’t want to win this week. We won’t beat GWS in Sydney. In fact, I expect another belting if we travel for the first Final.

More chance than Rich @ G or WC in Perth!

Whilst playing Pies again is a possibility either of the above could happen also

Dancing with the devil if we lose Friday

3 Likes

Yes, but less chance than Pies at MCG.

Too negative mate.
If we lose, but play well, it’s fine.
I’d still like to take some winning form in to a farkin Finals series for once.

GWS are a wounded animal.
Haynes is a big loss also.
Cogs not ready, Deledio another handy player out.
We could beat them !

9 Likes

I know what I said ain’t popular, but we could essentially get a home final and a chance to knock pies out of the finals if we lose tomorrow night.

1 Like

I think, if we lose this week we won’t play Collingwood if just one of the dogs, Richmond or west coast lose.

If either of the latter lose we will play them. Not good.

The way this season is going you’d think one of those three will lose.

Whatever way look at it, we must win.

I just feel sorry for the members.

2 Likes

I’m expecting Jok is in to run with Grundy around the ground after Bellchambers takes the centre bounces and then pushes forward.

Similar to Stringer taking Fyfe at the centre bounces and then Ambrose ran with Fyfe thereafter.

4 Likes

Interesting BWAS. Its a possibility in view of our new found defensive creativity in our game day coaching. I was thinking the same, but with Ambrose doing that job. However Ambrose is probably needed to deal with Mihochek . Both those players are probably a bit low on midfield experience.

This. Going into finals you should be aiming to win. It doesn’t matter who you play, or who you might play, you need to win every game regardless.
Start the way you intend to finish.

7 Likes

Yeah Brereton and the “family club”. Give me a break.

But I will say, you will never see a hawthorn side get belted by 10 goals plus then see the players pigging out at a f**king pick n mix at the airport afterwards.

Essendon is a ‘young’ side. As in age is just a number man.

We do need to harden up week in week out.

Away final but in Melbourne yes.
Or we could go to Perth.

Id like the guarantee of GWS. Aside from us they are the shakiest side in the 8.

Going to watching from the Dom Sheed pocket this weekend, a special place for those people that hate the Pies.

Does anyone think that Sneiling is a chance to play?

Snelling ruled out. Returning to VFL next week

Will be right for AFL final all going well