Spring bird attacks. Do you have a story?

I got my annual smack in the head from some medium sized grey ■■■■■■■ with a strong beak.

I wish birds could pick up on my vibe that I mean them no harm. I was just going on a brisk walk in their vicinity.

Anybody else been attacked?

No sorry.

Don't get out much?

I get attacked every year without fail. 

Got attacked by a magpie when I was about 12(25 years ago) on my bike when visiting my grandparents at Lara. Even wearing a helmet I **** my pants as I'd never experienced anything like it before. The prick just kept swooping at my head.

Also got swooped several years ago, but took my boot off and swung it back and it ■■■■■■ off.

Yep. Last 2 times I’ve walked to the city on a Saturday I’ve been attacked by a magpie. In the same place. I think it must wait for me.

Was watching an old codger fighting off a magpie at Westerfolds park on Saturday. Was quite funny. He was quite a beligerant old guy. Just kept standing there and taking swipes at it as it flew past him. Don't know why he just didn't move out of the way.

Got attacked at Sandown train station, but think it had more to do with the fact that its baby had fallen out of the nest and I was trying to help it.

I once saw a crow grab a Maccas bag out of the bin, open it and start eating the chips at Glenferrie station. Thought that was pretty cool.

Got attacked at Sandown train station, but think it had more to do with the fact that its baby had fallen out of the nest and I was trying to help it.
I once saw a crow grab a Maccas bag out of the bin, open it and start eating the chips at Glenferrie station. Thought that was pretty cool.

Sheesh... Adelaide supporters will eat anything.  :rolleyes:

1 Like

Plover had a crack at me the other day, unlike magpies the cowards who only swoop once your back is turned, Plovers don't give a fark, relentless attack.

All I can say is that magpies in Queensland have an attitude problem compared to down here. Those bastards will all draw blood!

Had a noisy miner swooping me constantly at Monty station a few years ago. I was standing reading the paper and it would just clip the top of my head, stop on the wire fence, look at me and then fly back behind me and do it again. After the third time he came again and I managed to get the paper up in time for him to slam into it. He recovered pretty quickly and then just sat on the fence again looking at me. He didn't do it again. Little ■■■■■■■.

I've been told if you pick something up and throw it at them as they swoop they won't come back.

Re the crows and the chips, yes I have seen exactly the same thing!

There were seagulls and a couple of other species pecking at this brown paper bag outside Maccas, getting nowhere.

Then this big crow strolls over and all the other birds took off. Fair dinkum he puts one claw on the bottom of the bag and

opens the top of the bag with his beak and gets the chips out! I have so much respect for that species from that time forward.  :lol:

That one on the Coburg line the other day was pretty brutal.

The one that pecked someone's burka off, yes.

Very territorial some of these Australian birds. Don't like intruders.

Have got  whacked on the head several times this spring when riding. The magpies are very feral this year.

Very territorial some of these Australian birds. Don't like intruders.

racists!

Sheesh... Adelaide supporters will eat anything.  :rolleyes:

Not their fault they don't have access to good food and clean water.

We're mates with the local Magpie clan around here.

If things get willing, they're on our side.

I remember a game of cricket where we almost had to call the game off because three separate magpies were aggressively swooping everybody in the vicinity. One guy got a decent chunk out of his head while running in to bowl. Another poor guy refused to field on the boundary line without a helmet.

It was carnage. Until one guy took one out with a cricket bat... then it got weird.