Spuds to Studs: New listed players

Wouldn’t the use of top up players for the entire year be predicated on the AFL basically waiving our salary cap for 2016? I’m assuming we’re still going to pay the suspended players after all and we’d be wanting to bring in top up players of AFL calibre since they’d be playing during the regular season, not just in the hit-and-giggle preseason comp, so we’d need to pay them a proper wage. And what about the players now at other clubs? Do those clubs get to claim a top up player with the associated loosening of their salary caps?

Hmm, maybe we could do a variation on what happened with Brisbane when they first came into the competition - we could claim one player from each of the other clubs on temporary loan for the year? That’d be a neat solution. Of course it would have to be an equivalent loan, not a first year player to replace Jobe or any rubbish like that. Jobe’s loan replacement would have to be a premier midfielder and club leader, for example.

(Could you imagine the howls of anguish if that happened? I mean, it won’t but it’s nice to think about cherry picking the best players from the other clubs.)

I don’t think we pay the suspended players

Who takes over from the 5 players missing in the Leadership group?

Stanton, Zaka, Bird, Cooney + ?

I don't think we pay the suspended players

We do. And our top ups are paid outside the cap.

Told you we should have traded Hibbo.

Wonder for for Myers and TBell as well, that’s 2 years out of the game,

There are 5 on other lists: Carlisle (hehehe), Ryder, Gus, Cramers. Who is the 5th?

There are 5 on other lists: Carlisle (hehehe), Ryder, Gus, Cramers. Who is the 5th?

Melksham

Melksham

Top Up shopping list:

2xAA KPDs, 3 Benfti specials, Jarryd Hayne, James Hird, Mason Fletcher, Baulderstone, Polkinghorne, Coghlan, Hardingham.

Would love to see us pick up Coghlan.

Liam Jurrah.

I hope we get a heap of has beens and just beat the ■■■■ out of opposition teams week in, week out. BURN IT ALL.

Anyone from the ‘Who Should We NOT Pick-Up’ thread.

Adam McPhee, just so at the end of the season someone can tell him to finish his rep and **** off again

Hardingham.

Gawnski too…

Would hardingham have been suspended too?

Melksham

slaps head

Brendan Lee

Coughlan would be a good choice.

Get some of those midgets from the Williamstown midfield.

Talk Lake out of of retirement.

Pick up ALL the Benfti specials.

Full YOLO for season 2016.

Oh yeah, pick up Crowley just for the lulz.

I don’t think we should play top up players ahead of younger guys on the list. Use this year to find out exactly where guys like Gleeson, Ashby, Hams, Zerrett, Jerrett, Langford, Laverde, Parish and Francis can offer.

Strong possibility that 14-15 of the guys that suit up in the best 22 this year could form the backbone of our next flag tilt. Hopefully they can come together and then we get Heppell, Hurley and Hooker back next year to compliment the side.

There is no way this year is going to be pleasant but we have to use the time wisely with our youth players rather than get old guys in the hope of not getting slaughtered. Top up players for need/relief positions only.