Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

Interesting to compare this guy’s, spoiler free, first reactions to tfa and rogue.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-the-most-fun-ive-had-at-1748271186

Maybe it is my bias, but i’d say he is being more positive about rogue even though ultimately he quite liked tfa

Interesting to compare this guy's, spoiler free, first reactions to tfa and rogue.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-the-most-fun-ive-had-at-1748271186

Maybe it is my bias, but i’d say he is being more positive about rogue even though ultimately he quite liked tfa

I can’t believe you’re still taking any opportunity to have a dig at TFA.

Relentless.

Interesting to compare this guy's, spoiler free, first reactions to tfa and rogue.

Relentless.

I’ll shut up if ep viii redeems it

Relentless.

I’ll shut up if ep viii redeems it

Gosh I hope it’s a remake of Empire…

Anyway, I’m outta this thread for a while as the spoilers start coming in. Fark knows when I’ll get to see it.

SPOILER: I haven’t seen it yet

SPOILER: I haven't seen it yet

monster

It was pretty good. A few things that were unconventional such as no crawler. I thought I may have found Rey’s parents too.

HOT TAKE

Just got done seeing it and haven’t read any reviews or reactions.

Imagine a Star Wars movie with none of the characters you like and none of the fun you enjoy. Plus, don’t make any of the new characters interesting. Hot damn. What a bleak, boring, joyless and overly long movie that was.

Like. It wasn’t a bad film, but it wasn’t fun to watch either.

Could’ve been “SW: Oceans 11”, but wasn’t.

The whole squad were a bunch of underdeveloped joyless boring characters.

HOT TAKE

Imagine a Star Wars movie with none of the characters you like and none of the fun you enjoy. Plus, don’t make any of the new characters interesting. Hot damn. What a bleak, boring, joyless and overly long movie that was.

Totally agree.

Last 30 mins were good and the other stuff pretty boring, especially the first hour.

Imagine Avengers without Tony Stark, or Ghostbusters without Bill Murray, hell, even Star Wars without Han Solo. That’s this movie. Were they scared of creating another Jar Jar Binks? Or was the robot – easily the most annoying character in the film – the comic relief?

Also where was the pay-off for setting up the main guy with the accent (side note: I can’t remember anyone’s name from this movie other than Jin) seemingly having his own agenda? He shot the informant and then had that shifty conversation on the tarmac before taking off with Jin. Then, nothing. Was waiting for him to pull a gun on Jin at the end or something. Nope!

Forest Whittaker’s character was just as disposable too. Not hard to believe there could be an hour or more cut from the original take of film.

I really liked Monsters (Gareth Edward’s breakout work) but it worked at a small scale. This film tries to be galaxy-spanning space adventure without the swashbuckling.

Anyway that’s enough complaining from me. Again it wasn’t bad, just no fun.

Yeah it bunched up a whole heap of characters that you just didn’t give a ■■■■ about by the end of the movie. Pilot, Ninja’s mate, etc.

CGI for tarkin/leia looks weird too.

I thought it was really good, once you got past the first 30min or so.

Positives:
The last 40 odd minutes was brilliant.
I loved the maori looking guy with the mini gun style blaster
The droid was good
I LOVED the ending, thought it fit that they would all die. They knew deep down that it was a suicide mission, but they knew it was for the greater good.
The scene at the end with vader laying waste to about 15 guys with a light saber and throwing guys around was awesome

I liked that it wasnt all fluffy and happy and that it was a bit bleaker in tone

Negatives:
I didnt think the 2 main leads had great chemistry

The first 30min was pretty dull

I probably would of liked to see another 5-10min of vader throughout the film

Forest whittakers character was just um… i dont know

The score was ok, but not great

Where the hell was the opening credits coming down the screen at the start

I would give it about an 8/10

HOT TAKE

So pretty much all the prequels if you remove Yoda?

HOT TAKE

So pretty much all the prequels if you remove Yoda?

Nah, Lucas made crap films but he tried to have a good time.

By the way here’s a spoiler for the end of the movie:

i hope your happy ivan, you have claimed another soul

Needed more Vader.

Way more.

The Blind Monk is a rip off of the TV series Marco Polo.
Princess Lea was an incredible match, might be special effects but I loved it

It was as if it was filmed during A New Hope. I thought it was uncanny. The rumour when I was a kid was that he had written 9 movies so maybe George Lucas did film the scene 40 years ago? I doubt it but you never know.

Oh and I liked the robot…

It was pretty good. A few things that were unconventional such as no crawler. I thought I may have found Rey's parents too.

Really? You saw something I didn’t