Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

2 Likes

Two a half minute trailer already looks better than TLJ

1 Like

One can only hope so

just give a man the Knights of Ren please.

Theyā€™re in

Absolutely anything will be better than the steaming pile of trash that was TLJ, hopefully Rian Johnson is barred from anything Star Wars related again and shot from the cannon for basically killing the sequel franchise after JJ set it up for him decently enough after the first one.

4 Likes

That trailer didnā€™t inspire me at all, and Iā€™m a SW nut.

This article kind of sums up how Iā€™m feeling about it, itā€™s not entirely logical but clearly Iā€™m not the only one

1 Like

Not sure what other story you want. Iā€™m guessing itā€™l be Return of the Jedi style space battles, Rey vs Kylo with force emperor trying to turn them with some Knights of Ren thrown in.

I also suspect the Emperor is just a force ghost or equivalent and not in fact real.

Yep agree with all of that.

I have zero investment in this story.

Iā€™ll see it, but I donā€™t care at all.

All the talk itā€™s for the kids and next generation of fans, I donā€™t see any excitement from them about the story ending. See GOT or Marvel for modern ā€œeventā€ endings and the hype it generates.

2 Likes

I think for me the issue is that the last movie didnā€™t really set a story up for this movie, let alone a story that is the final ending to a Saga that has spanned 40 years.

Like the story in this one is basically exactly the same as TFA isnā€™t it? Bad guys are in charge, good guys are small and beat up, good guys fight bad guys. Itā€™s the same story as the first, with some added Kylo/Rey tension in there. And if that ends up being the main plot, ā€˜can Kylo turn good or will Rey turn badā€™, then thatā€™s lame, because thatā€™s already been the plot for two movies running and those questions have already been determined a bunch of times (no, and no are the answers).

And I love the original movies and the emperor in particular (my favourite character, and he was great in the prequels too), but if he ends up being magically alive and the big bad then I think thatā€™s extremely lame, not to mention disrespectful to the ending of ROTJ

1 Like

Heā€™s connected to a life support devise. He is alive.

Surely the only option that offers closure is that the Jedi win

Whatā€™s that based off?

Iā€™m an outright farkwit whoā€™s been following a bunch of fansites. Thereā€™s 2 scenes that basically confirm this in the trailer. One with Kylo where you can see the device attached to the top left of Palestineā€™s throne and then the other is the scene where you see Rey at the very end of the trailer. Palpatine is sitting in his throne and you can see the wires/device at the top left of his throne.

Itā€™s not even the overall story, does anyone even care about individual story arcs.

Kylo and Rey I suppose Iā€™m intrigued, but I have huge reservations of it being any good.

Israelā€™s not going to be very happy about this

8 Likes

I just donā€™t feel any plot connection at all between the Disney films and the Lucas films. Sure there is a common galaxy and some common characters, but this feels much more like a reboot than a what happened next story.

I think throwing Lucasā€™s sorry outlines out was a major error on Disneyā€™s part. I suspect they did not use the Lucas outlines because they didnā€™t make for ideal summer blockbuster material. Well now theyā€™ve killed the golden goose so congrats Disney.

Rotj was the end of the story. If this whole new saga is building to the redemption of kylo and look wow actually he kills the Emperor shocking twist, well who really gives a fark honestly.

bad news for you:

Similarly, Rian Johnson, the writer/director of The Last Jedi , is confirmed to write and direct the first film of a new trilogy he is currently outlining[96][97] and will start working on after completing his Knives Out and possibly another film.[

Iā€™m more optimistic about future films.

Put sky walkers and all the old character throw backs to rest.

Create new storyā€™s. They have had talented directors at the helm but it all feels very film by committee.

2 Likes

After this one I reckon Iā€™m done with the C3PO/R2D2 saga.

Was a few interesting aspects to the trailer. Do the smash a statue of Darth? Why are all the non imperial ships lined up.

But the one thing that alsways annoys me with the rebelsā€¦whenever they have a pre battle meeting, itā€™s usually just a handful of people standing on the hanger floor sprouting some BS.

Will check out the Mandalorian series when that comes out (next month?)