Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

You’re probably right. I’ll close off my diversionary track.

Though it gave me a chance to learn a new word. Diegetic music - music presented as originating from a source within the film’s setting.

1 Like

Jar Jar Abrams absolutely butchered Trek. The guy is a hack of the highest order.

Completely disagree, completely.

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Abrams and the Bad Reboot crew don’t have an original bone in their body. He and his team desecrated Roddenberry’s vision, replacing cerebral science fiction concepts with pedestrian action-orientated Hollywood garbage. The fact that both fans and causal mover-goers lost interest after just one film speaks volumes.

lol

Roddenberry desecrated his own vision plenty of times.

In what sense exactly?

Watch the whole STO series, that really didn’t fit his ideals. TNG was closer and he was happier with that but even that wasn’t his ideals. Roddenberry knew that his ideals for Star Trek and the reality of TV/Movies would never meet.

If you want to hold onto that sort of ideal so be it, I for one love the new versions of it.

I’ll tell you one thing I’m sick of hearing, is the ‘it’s for kids!’ excuse.
Really?
Empire was for kids?
Rogue One was for kids?
Senate trade negotiations! For the kids!
Bugger off.
Bad movies are bad.

3 Likes

The purpose of the movies is to sell things, mainly to kids. Tickets to the movies obviously, but also figurines, video games, Lego, etc etc. They try to also make the movies interesting for adults because they’re the people taking the kids along to the shows and buying the toys.

This is where they get it wrong. Kids will buy the toys with or without Jar Jar, whether its dark and gritty like Empire, or bizarrely terrible like TLJ.

So, just make a ■■■■■■ good movie the fans will enjoy. The kids will still buy your ■■■■■■■ toys!

1 Like

Believe me, I’ve seen each iteration of the franchise - including TOS - many, many times, and JJ’s rebooted Kelvin timeline just didn’t do it for me.

Discovery has also left me cold, but each to their own I guess - we’ll have to agree to disagree in this case. Let’s hope Star Trek: Picard can repair the rift presently impacting the broader Star Trek fanbase.

1 Like

I am very keen on this one.

2 Likes

The latest trailer debuting recently at New York Comic Con looked quite promising. It’s nice to see a few familiar faces returning to the screen in Riker, Troi, and Seven. Let’s hope the show lives up to the early buzz.

1 Like

Really uncertain about them bringing back Data though. They do it okay in the novels but even that was a little…forced.

Talking about Star Trek in a Star Wars thread should be an instaban

4 Likes

Agreed, he looks bizarre in the trailers. It seems they’re using conventional makeup to mask Brent Spiner’s age.

Considering the extraordinary amount of money CBS is pumping into the show, you’d like to think they’ll correct Data using digital de-aging technology prior to airing in January.

In universe, I’m fully expecting Data will reside in Picard’s unconcious; or perhaps he’ll feature as a character on the holodeck. In any case, I doubt he’ll be returning in any real sense.

1 Like

This thread is literally people that were kids falling in love with a space opera having a sook that their childhood movie series is garbage.

1 Like

I think that’s a pretty pointless and ultimately wrong generalisation.

For a start I think Rogue One was really, really good.
And not in any way a kid’s film.
So…there goes both your premiseses.

TFA was, sure…in some ways very similar to ANH, but it set up so much.

Nah, bad movies are bad movies.

2 Likes

Why don’t you think it’d a space opera? Sure as ■■■■ ain’t scifi