Steinberg, Hardingham and a lack of logic

Jackie informs me.

I read them too you know.

Look he is from my home town and I have always wished him well but the fact that he played all Nab cup in the forward line (and IMO failed) and was sent back to defence for the VFL season so far suggests he will never play an AFL game and be delisted at seasons end.

I miss the old days when a mark was taken within 55 meters of goal we had a shot. Generally we nailed them most of the time too from outside 50. Now we generally have nearly no one who can do it (from a set shot).

I miss the old days when a mark was taken within 55 meters of goal we had a shot. Generally we nailed them most of the time too from outside 50. Now we generally have nearly no one who can do it (from a set shot).

Did you post in the wrong thread :)

interesting connundrum.

The intent to try Stein or hardy forward may have been a preseason focus, but Steins preseason form was not good. maybe they realised his better footy was to be played down back, no matter the surplus of stocks.

The interesting bit comes from the carlisle decision to continue to play him forward and claims he will stay there, despite not setting the world on fire.

nothing wrong IMO about changing Stein back if they didn't feel he could offer much forward. Plans should never be set in stone, cos they always need to be changing, esp in a football environment.

Reality is we are a mid sized defender and a mid sized fwd short on our list. Hence, Pears, Stein, Hardy being toggled around to see if one of them miraculously shows some pizazz. Also, there seems to be a bit of a trend in more traditional / versatile utilities this season. So having a few depth players that can step up to the plate at either end if required seems to be the Plat Du Jour.

Steinberg named at chf on Saturday against Sandringham - good to know they are willing to listen to and evaluate suggestions from Bomberblitz.

Steinberg named at chf on Saturday against Sandringham - good to know they are willing to listen to and evaluate suggestions from Bomberblitz.

Coaching is very easy. Just need to log in here. All the good ideas are on Blitz.

Bah, I already did this gimmick, last year.
To bait me, they named him forward for the last six weeks of 2013.
At the start of each game he‘d then go to full-back and ******* stay there.
And dominate, mind you.

Bah, I already did this gimmick, last year.
To bait me, they named him forward for the last six weeks of 2013.
At the start of each game he‘d then go to full-back and ******* stay there.
And dominate, mind you.

You could very well be right - Pears spent a lot of time having goal kicking practice on Wednesday.

However if it is a bluff it shows the coaching panel thinks Steinberg playing forward is a sufficiently credible idea for there to be a good chance that another club will be of the same view.

ham has been in a rut the last few weeks.. but still equal 1st in goals this year for us... I say stick with him. I rate him as a forward but he needs to be there full time not moved back and up on the ball.. with him there it takes a defender off joe and with a resting ruck forward too there will be another off joe. the importance of having 3 big marking targets these days is underplayed... every week poor young joe gets smashed from all angles while carllisle is kept quiet.  Move carlisle back and inject a 70m boot (fletch) into the forward line with ham and joe until ambrose gets back and teams wont know what to do when we rest ryder or belcho forward.

ham has been in a rut the last few weeks.. but still equal 1st in goals this year for us... I say stick with him. I rate him as a forward but he needs to be there full time not moved back and up on the ball.. with him there it takes a defender off joe and with a resting ruck forward too there will be another off joe. the importance of having 3 big marking targets these days is underplayed... every week poor young joe gets smashed from all angles while carllisle is kept quiet.  Move carlisle back and inject a 70m boot (fletch) into the forward line with ham and joe until ambrose gets back and teams wont know what to do when we rest ryder or belcho forward.

So instead of smashing into the young bloke, you want defenders to smash into the old bloke. 

Fletch would get 2nd defender at most and can take the hits. the way he knows how to move and with a foot like that he can draw defenders out of the 50 because they know he can kick it. I don't believe that its any tougher on the body up forward than it is down back