Stoopid bloody mobile phones

dunno which phone you have. Does this help?

Turn off predictive text in Android

1. Open the Settings menu on your phone or tablet and select Languages & Input (it might be listed under General Management).
  2. Tap Virtual keyboard or onscreen keyboard under Keyboard and input methods.
  3. Select Android Keyboard.
  4. Select Text correction.
  5. Slide off the toggle next to Next-word suggestions.

There are variations to this but generally speaking you go into settings, find Languages and input then fish around

1 Like

Thanks Hambo but I actually like the Next-word suggestions because sometimes I will be talking to several people in a slightly different context and I might want to include in the conversation with one person what I said to the other person. In those instances the Next-word suggestions can really speed up your texting. As I said I’ve just gotta be really, really careful. I don’t mind it suggesting but it doesn’t normally put it in. I dunno :worried:

sometimes it’s just a slip of the finger that does it and if you’ve got fat fingers unintended consequences are common :blush:

1 Like

I think you are spot on, hambo! :rofl: I reckon that is exactly what happened. Bloody big fingers! :rofl:
Wish I could remember who I told they had a great Dad sometimes, though :rofl: