Supercoach 2023

My best Trade- Butters, got in early.

My best Rookie,- Sheezal, held him all the way.

Weak link- McKenna, the player I never got to upgrade.

Worst Trade- traded Ridley out for Saad when he was named after hurting his knee, iirc he scored 130 and it cost me a couple of important wins, Saad done SFA for the rest of the season.

First picked in 2024 - Nick Daicos.

2835 to finish 597 overall. Lost both BB free leagues last week with a down week.

Really happy with the overall finish though in year 3!

6 Likes

Wow the weekly winner scored 3001. Amazing. It has to be close to a record

4 Likes

Here is the team. The coach wasn’t happy with Bont’s 146 as VC! It paid off with Butters getting 158.

1 Like

Overall rank is cooked.

But holding on to Mills all that time paid off!

1 Like

ok questions for next year.

First picked:
Lesson Learnt:

mine are
Oliver (he will be around $630k I reckon)
Never ever go near a 700K player at the start of the year. They always drop and never gives points per dollar you are spending.

2 Likes

Just for the record, a few details of how things ended up. Thanks for organising @The_Ant
Great comp. Really competitive and good fun.
The GF result.

Finals series

I had two cracks at @rebull but he managed to knock me off both times!

Final 8 Head to Head

Top 8 Overall Rank.

See ya next year.

3 Likes

Great comp @The_Ant

That Semi still stings…I had the captaincy on Libba and he goes out on 26 costing me the game against Zimmer…then my Prelim score would have beaten Bomb Squad leading me to the GF…but I only scored 2620 this weekend so would have lost anyway. Had Docherty giving me a donut in the last game.

3 Likes

Well off the place for me in the two Bomberblitz groups - 11th and 26th.
I should resign but in true Dodoro spirit I will soldier on.

5 Likes

Congrats @redbull! Great achievement in a very tough league.

Also thanks to @The_Ant for running the comp. $100 league sounds like a waste of money to me. Count me in!

4 Likes

Morning!

Is there going to be a 2024 blitz league?

1 Like

Howdy fellas.
Sorry to intrude.
We’re looking for a coach for a vacant team in one of the Blitz fantasy leagues.
It’s not SC scoring, but DT scoring.
It is a keeper league.
It’s a cash league (around $20 per season) with $$$ prizes to the winner and runner up at the end of the season.
It’s a pretty competitive league which has been running for at least 15 years now. There are still a handful of coaches who remain from the inaugural year.

Last year’s discussion thread is here:

If you’re interested in joining, please PM Mendoza.
No, just kidding. Do not PM Mendoza.
PM me or Allblack.
First in gets first dibs.
Anyone who misses out goes onto a wait list for future coaching vacancies (which have been a rarity in the past).

1 Like