Supercoach 2024

me too
it’s full now

Won’t be outlaying that big coin for Bont first up.

1 Like

Nope. I think everyone learnt the lesson last year with 700K players.
They all hit 620K at some stage.

I usually roll in to a season with my backline needing the most work, this year it’s looking pretty balanced, there is a lot more bargains then what I first thought, especially up forward.

Sorry @The_Ant ive been abit slack with joining, if theres still a spot let me know and ill shoot the coin through to join

Also ive re created bomberblitz leagues ive had foe the last few seasons

They are -

1 Like

I’ve made the exception for Bont. He’s probably the best player in the league, and the most consistent supercoach scorer. You always need captain options

Got some great Captain options without Bont.

1 Like

seems to be a lot of top end junior/ rookie talent…think most will go guns/rookies

Yup last spot.

I jumped in

1 Like

Crazy not to pick Bont imo.

Even if he drops a bit, he won’t likely go below $650k. It is just so hard to bring in guys that expensive. Can involve culling 2 or even 3 rookies.

Would prefer to start with him, have to captaincy option (which is very valuable) from day 1 and just ride it out. Trades can focus on identifying value.

Was thinking of not starting Daicos (although mostly because of his early bye) but I think I’ve come round to starting him for similar reasons.

1 Like

Well I’m hoping I play you early then matey.

Would love some feedback on my team that’s in a cash league.

Be as harsh as you want! Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s a bit similar to mine, thats not usually a good thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep forwardline is trash.
Had Petracca, but switched out to Bont.
starting Fyfe last year was a poor move, too injured, not good enough.

1 Like

I like it. Not keen on Wardlaw myself, as the price is awkward, and he needs to score well to make money. Also would try and make money from the mid bench position which you currently have as a M/F loop, but can understand the desire to have a loop to max your scoring. I’m not sure it’s necessary with the way the early byes come u to play though, so you could be making cash there

1 Like
  • Sicily is a great SuperCoach player over the journey. But with Blanck going down, he is probably going to have to play more as a KPP then a zone off interceptor. I’d replace him with Stewart.

• Don’t like Wardlaw or Wines personally. Our own Nic Martin looks a good replacement for Wines if you can spare the change. Or if you replaced Wardlaw with Berry/Hustwaite then you could afford to go Wines up to a proper premo.

• Get that M/F non playing player out and replace them with a rookie that’s playing (e.g. Jhye Clarke). With all the byes you are going to call on rookies more so invest in better ones.

• Too many round 0 players, particularly in the forward line. You will lose too much ground early given they all have early byes.

• You need Alex Sexton and on the field. Role looks juicy. Replace Dempsey.

• Toby Greene is just about my favourite non Essendon player but don’t rate him as a SuperCoach pick. Too inconsistent. Too many suspensions. I’d look to replace with Macrae/Flanders or a cheaper option (e.g. Harmes) and spend the cash on your midfield.

Otherwise looks good.

3 Likes

Quaynor, Burton and even McGrath the issues here. I’d try and get 2 keepers + a rookie out of those 3. Better points and better cash gen.

Im predicting all of them to have breakout years …stats wise.
plus afl trend to play through half backs this year - (Daicos, Martin, etc)
McGrath i probably should change due to efc bias.

I wanted Macrae in forwardline, but dont want to carry someone with dodgy hamstring.

NWM and Coleman look much better picks at a similar price point.

None of those 3 you’ve chosen are the teams designated kickers out of defence (which is Daicos, Martin and Houston).

1 Like

yeh I considered both of those as well.
Like Wanganeen-Milera and Coleman and both have had good preseasons.