Supporter Family Tree

You strike me as a Remus type

1 Like

What made you go for Essendon then? An impressionable kid when we won the 2000 flag? Lived in the area?

Dad bought me an essendon footy after coming back from the cinema with my brother in around 1999. But live in the area too

Exactly the same as me. Nobody else in my family gives a ■■■■ about football. Wife and I don’t have kids yet but seeing as we live in the US, it’s going to be an uphill battle.

1 Like

The uphill battle is supporting Essendon.

So many hills.

2 Likes

Nice. Random that he bought you an Essendon footy when you didn’t go for them at that stage and he went for the Saints!!

Guess the saints sucked and essendon didnt at that point in time. Hes not a complete ■■■■■■■■■ hahah

1 Like

My old man thought footy was pretty much a waste of time as all they were doing was “kicking a bag of wind around”. He used to watch my brother and I play to support us, however. He wasted time himself standing on the boundary line trying to deduce our game plans, he thought over hand balling or the like were clever plans to confuse the opposition. I didn’t have the heart to tell him it was just us trying to get the footy into open space and we didnt really know what we were doing.

1 Like

Wolverhampton fans I presume.

1 Like

My dad and that whole side of the family weren’t into footy at all. My grandparents there were religious kooks so call them team jesus

On my mum’s side… my grandfather and his father before him were footscray supporters. My grandfather was taken, as a baby, to that famous game in 1924 where footscray beat essendon to be inducted into the vfl the following year. He also went to their 1954 premiership, the only premiership he saw, having passed not long before that dumb piece of ■■■■ club got their act together for a second

My mum defied the footscray heritage and chose Collingwood, which she tried to force onto me. When i was 5, she took me to buy a footy jumper. When we came home my dad asked why we didn’t buy anything. I asked my dad to take me shopping for a footy jumper because mum was only showing me Collingwood jumpers. He took me shopping and i came home with an essendon one

4 Likes

My old man = Essendon
My Grandparents = Essendon
My mum and Sister = Freo (they live in WA)

My Wife = Hawks
My wife’s parents = Hawks

My oldest son = Bulldogs
My youngest = Floats between Bombers and Hawks

1 Like

Dad’s mum - Melbourne, not sure why
Dad’s dad - Hawthorn, grew up there, played cricket for Hawthorn-East Melbourne
Mum’s mum - Fitzroy, grew up there
Mum’s dad - Fitzroy, was married to Mum’s mum
Dad and his older brother - Essendon, I think I recall Dad saying it was because they were a distant relo to Bob Bradley who played in the Coleman era
Dad’s other brothers were Collinwood and Fitzroy, so very much a mixed family
Sister - as a little kid followed Hawthorn but now Essendon like her son (although not passionate about it)

1 Like

Mum = Carlton
Dad = Hawthorn

Essendon was my destiny

4 Likes

Precisely.

• Grandad’s Team Essendon
  • Grandma’s Team Essendon
  • Dad’s Team Essendon
  • Mum’s Team Essendon
  • Siblings Team(s) Essendon
  • Spouses Team Essendon
11 Likes

Your reason for supporting Essendon is very clear to see!

2 Likes

Paternal grandfather was a Life Member of EFC, lived in The Strand, Moonee Ponds
So all 6 of his kids were Essendon
My mum is from Geelong and is first cousin to Damian Bourke’s dad, Owen.
So two of my sisters Geelong, the other 4 in the family Essendon
One cousin was North, all the rest Essendon bar one whose son played for Melbourne in the Daniher days. She now has two teams.

3 Likes

Float him between home and homeless.

2 Likes

How depressing for your entire family.