Surely we are better than this

I'm blaming media for constantly riling up all the farking sheep.

After everything us as supporters have copped throughout the year I’m surprised this didn’t occur sooner

After everything us as supporters have copped throughout the year I'm surprised this didn't occur sooner

I've been expecting some of our supporters would snap at some point since last year, there's only so much some people can take. Frankly, I'm amazed that this didn't happen sooner. 

Still, nothing excuses violence and we don't know the circumstances yet.

Stallion still on the run?

There were **** loads of wankers throwing terms like "drug cheats", "trade the team", "cheating *****", "hirdy ****munchers" etc. Was close to clobbering a few but we're better than that.

are you guys serious?? you'd honestly resort to bashing someone who mouths off at you? I can understand retaliation if someone physically attacks you, but.... seriously??!!

Without trying to defend it, it depends what they say. If they call me a wog or ■■■ I wouldn’t care. But if they go on about ASADA (hasn’t happened yet) or moths off to my missus (almost happened) then yeah, I might.

That explains the 30 security guards gathered behind M55 after the game.

Unlikely as this happen in M16.
And if someone mouths off to me about ASADA (if he actually did of course) I would smash their face into the rail too. fark em

Must of been a bit of action in a few places then, I didn't leave until 25 min after the game and there was a heap of security gathered behind m55-56......there were 2 nth Melbourne fans that looked like they had been in a dust up but nothing serious......no cops

It’s a poor result, no doubt, this stuff isn’t cool.

But as somebody else said, it’s pretty rare to get bashed at the footy unless you were being a real farkin ■■■■.

I don't agree with what happened but like others have said I've felt like hitting people who give me ■■■■ about the ASADA situation. So it makes sense that if some drunk bloke is getting ■■■■ slung at him about it that he might retaliate. Doesn't make it right but there's almost definitely a reason for it happening.

With all that said I hope the North supporter is ok, without him North Melbourne lose 1/3 of their supporter base.

After everything us as supporters have copped throughout the year I'm surprised this didn't occur sooner

I've been expecting some of our supporters would snap at some point since last year, there's only so much some people can take. Frankly, I'm amazed that this didn't happen sooner.
Still, nothing excuses violence and we don't know the circumstances yet.

Since when has factual circumstances got in the way of football banter ?
Having to deal with these ■■■■■■■■ is just part of being an Essendon supporter these days.

And if someone mouths off to me about ASADA (if he actually did of course) I would smash their face into the rail too. fark em

I was M17.  With a couple of minutes to go, there was something going on at the steps to go down to the lower level.  If it was as bad as they say it was I reckon there would have been more reaction from the crowd.  There was a big reaction but not "oh my god, someone's face has been caved in" type reaction.  More of a standard fight at the footy that was over pretty quick type reaction.

Probably mouthed off about ASADA

and that deserves getting your head smashed into the hand railing? give me a break. This is a weak and pathetic act
No, it doesn't excuse it. But I'm guessing he said something.

No excuse for this. If our supporters are going to start throwing punches in response to taunts about drugs, they will be punching for years.

Its not ok to get violent because of the ASADA thing.

We have to suck it up.

You know what I don't do. Go out into a highly emotional situation involving alchahol and mouth of at people about things they are passionate about.

And I don't get punched or get my face rammed into handrails.

Can't say I am going to lose to much sleep over this.

People are being pushed to their limits.

If they tried to provoke a reaction, then they got it. Be a sport in winning and defeat.

Must of been a bit of action in a few places then, I didn't leave until 25 min after the game and there was a heap of security gathered behind m55-56......there were 2 nth Melbourne fans that looked like they had been in a dust up but nothing serious......no cops
Yes I sore that skinny ranga tin rattler at m55.
The North fans made me feel like I was at the soccer walking through there.

I blame James Hird.

But seriously, sticks and stones. No doubt the last 2 years have been incredibly frustrating, but there's no need to resort to violence. Focus that energy into supporting the boys, club and other things in life.

Sometimes the bait bites back.