Table Top gaming

But with a CRT!!!

Hell yes, my wife and brother in law refuse to play monopoly with me again!

I don’t play nice.

There really should be a Sean Bean meme “one does not simply play monopoly”

1 Like

I like it, very easy to customise (the players are all the same in the standard version).

Monopoly is an awful game, random grinding into the dirt.

I’ve never played or seen anyone play what I understand is the actual rules (where any property not bought is immediately auctioned off to the highest bidder). Even with that it’s still basically a random dice game.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I forgot that bit. Even when played properly, it’s pretty crap.

Settlers of Catan 4 lyf

2 Likes

Monopoly may not be a great design, but if you have more than two players who are willing to trade, a good player should normally win. The whole point of it is assisting you and the person you are trading properties with to get ahead of the rest.

Settlers! Fantastic game!

1 Like

When work and life doesn’t get in the way, I try and play Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Melbourne Meetup group has a number of organised meets, with two weekly ones (on the aforementioned days) occurring at a Japanese restaurant in Lonsdale street. Usually between 40 and 80 people attending, and a huge games library. Main focus is on euros of various complexities.

Power Grid is awesome. My other favourites would be Caverna, Puerto Rico, Terraforming Mars, Settlers of Catan and Castles of Burgundy.

2 Likes

Wow, checked out the website and Gameolgy is sooo much cheaper than in store (well, the one I checked, Terraforming Mars).

Thank you!

Gameology rarely gets beaten on price with any game. Plus, they have a points system that you can cash in to get things even cheaper.

1 Like

You sir, have no idea. Monopoly is a great game. I play it by the rules and it’s great fun. The trading is critical to a good game, otherwise just a dice game.

Our gaming club have regular meets and play all types of games ranging from Kickstarter projects up to Warhammer and Guild Ball

I really need to find another tabletop RPG group…

Any gaming can be table top gaming if you have little enough respect for your surroundings.

1 Like

Thanks SB, never heard of Guild Ball until your post. However, meeting at a club night could mean coming face to face with another Blitzer. Not sure if I’m ready for that.

1 Like

Only way to play in my area. I live about an hour drive from the next closest gaming area in Ringwood (Victoria).

The place in Ringwood is open till 1am Thurs/Fri and Sat night. They have a big Magic the Gathering game base.

My one though is once a fortnight daytime only.

Ever run this one in an Ork army @SillyBilly ?
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Ork-Blitza-Bommer-NEW

Nup

WTF happened to the top post in this thread?

I put a bit of it in google translate and it’s something about needing to pay attention when you dream about turmeric?

3 Likes