Tac/u18 Thread

wow, that jordan galluci standing jump.

Sam Powell-Pepperā€¦ Endurance and agilityā€¦ happy days.

The way he plays, I would have thought McGrath might have featured in the top 10 in the 20m sprint. Hmm.
His leap is very impressive though and goes some way to compensating for his lack of height.

DAY TWO TESTING RESULTS

Beep test
Jarrod Berry (level 15.1)
Oliver Florent (15.1)
Griffin Logue (15.1)
Harry Morrison (14.12)
Dylan Clarke (14.12)
Sam Powell-Pepper (14.7)
Liam Baker (14.5)
Tom Williamson (14.5)
Patrick Lipinski (14.5)
Jordan Gallucci (14.5)

20 metre sprint
Jacob Allison (2.87 seconds)
Ben Ainsworth (2.90)
Josh Rotham (2.92)
Josh Williams (2.93)
Bailey Morrish (2.93)
Taylin Duman (2.93)
Esava Ratugolea (2.93)
Will Hayward (2.94)
Tony Olango (2.94)
Shai Bolton (2.95)

Agility
Tom Williamson (8.15 seconds)
Jack Maibaum (8.19)
Sam Powell-Pepper (8.24)
Harry Morrison (8.26)
Oliver Florent (8.26)
Matt Guelfi (8.29)
Isaac ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  (8.29)
Ben Ainsworth (8.36)
Jack Scrimshaw (8.39)
Andrew McGrath (8.38)

Standing vertical jump
Jordan Gallucci (89cm)
Esava Ratugolea (76)
Will Hayward (73)
Griffin Logue (71)
Bailey Morrish (71)
Shai Bolton (68)
Callum Brown (68)
Josh Rotham (67)
Max Lynch (67)
Jacob Allison (67)
Jack Bowes (67)
Tom Williamson (67)

Running vertical jump (left foot)
Andrew McGrath (96cm)
Shai Bolton (94)
Cameron Zurhaar (92)
Brennan Cox (92)
Tony Olango (91)
Jordan Gallucci (91)
Oliver Florent (90)
Bailey Morrish (90)
Will Hayward (90)
Esava Ratugolea (89)
Tom Williamson (88)
Harry Morrison (88)

Running vertical jump (right foot)
Griffin Logue (91cm)
Bailey Morrish (91)
Esava Ratugolea (89)
Jordan Gallucci (86)
Andrew McGrath (85)
Ben Ainsworth (84)
Tom Williamson (83)
Jack Scrimshaw (83)
Declan Watson (83)
Mitchell Hinge (83)
Jack Bowes (82)

Yeah, but can they play footy?

Very late to the SPP train but gee I like the "highlights", yes "highlights" that I've seen. Very classy.

Sam Powell-Pepper or Sam Petrevski-Seton? SPP or SPS?

Iā€™m hoping Gallucci will be there at 20.

Just focussing on later picks/rookie picks.

I see the need for a ruckman/forward in 2-3 years to play the SMACK role, who can actually play it.

Do we look to getting a young bloke in now and spend time developing him as we are Gach OR do we wait and trade?

Thoughts on this?

I see the need for a ruckman/forward in 2-3 years to play the SMACK role, who can actually play it.

Do we look to getting a young bloke in now and spend time developing him as we are Gach OR do we wait and trade?

Thoughts on this?

Iā€™d like to know this as well. Iā€™m generally of the opinion to draft ruckmen after a few years but
fwiw Ratugolea seems like an athletic solid type who can kick goals too. Reportedly only been playing for 4 years. Might be a bit short although could still be growing.

Thoughts on this?

If we had the opportunity, which we wonā€™t, Iā€™d take English. But Iā€™ve been of the opinion for a while now that it is almost a waste to take a project tall in the draft, especially in the first few rounds. They take at least 5 years to start to return investment, and at that age, if they are any good, they attract wild offers from everywhere. We may be better off leaving key talls and rucks to trade.

DAY TWO TESTING RESULTS

Beep test
Jarrod Berry (level 15.1)
Oliver Florent (15.1)
Griffin Logue (15.1)
Harry Morrison (14.12)
Dylan Clarke (14.12)
Sam Powell-Pepper (14.7)
Liam Baker (14.5)
Tom Williamson (14.5)
Patrick Lipinski (14.5)
Jordan Gallucci (14.5)

20 metre sprint
Jacob Allison (2.87 seconds)
Ben Ainsworth (2.90)
Josh Rotham (2.92)
Josh Williams (2.93)
Bailey Morrish (2.93)
Taylin Duman (2.93)
Esava Ratugolea (2.93)
Will Hayward (2.94)
Tony Olango (2.94)
Shai Bolton (2.95)

Agility
Tom Williamson (8.15 seconds)
Jack Maibaum (8.19)
Sam Powell-Pepper (8.24)
Harry Morrison (8.26)
Oliver Florent (8.26)
Matt Guelfi (8.29)
Isaac ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  (8.29)
Ben Ainsworth (8.36)
Jack Scrimshaw (8.39)
Andrew McGrath (8.38)

Standing vertical jump
Jordan Gallucci (89cm)
Esava Ratugolea (76)
Will Hayward (73)
Griffin Logue (71)
Bailey Morrish (71)
Shai Bolton (68)
Callum Brown (68)
Josh Rotham (67)
Max Lynch (67)
Jacob Allison (67)
Jack Bowes (67)
Tom Williamson (67)

Running vertical jump (left foot)
Andrew McGrath (96cm)
Shai Bolton (94)
Cameron Zurhaar (92)
Brennan Cox (92)
Tony Olango (91)
Jordan Gallucci (91)
Oliver Florent (90)
Bailey Morrish (90)
Will Hayward (90)
Esava Ratugolea (89)
Tom Williamson (88)
Harry Morrison (88)

Running vertical jump (right foot)
Griffin Logue (91cm)
Bailey Morrish (91)
Esava Ratugolea (89)
Jordan Gallucci (86)
Andrew McGrath (85)
Ben Ainsworth (84)
Tom Williamson (83)
Jack Scrimshaw (83)
Declan Watson (83)
Mitchell Hinge (83)
Jack Bowes (82)

Yeah, but can they play footy?

Presumably thatā€™s what recruiters spent the last 2-3 years deciding before nominating them for the combine.

Where the fark is the ā€˜Can Play Footyā€™ test? EH???

Sometimes spelling footy is more important to some than smelling footy.

Thoughts on this?

If we had the opportunity, which we wonā€™t, Iā€™d take English. But Iā€™ve been of the opinion for a while now that it is almost a waste to take a project tall in the draft, especially in the first few rounds. They take at least 5 years to start to return investment, and at that age, if they are any good, they attract wild offers from everywhere. We may be better off leaving key talls and rucks to trade.

I quite like rutogolea, but I have doubts as a ruck. Forward/ruck role.

English worries me. He looks like a 15 year project that could easily end up as Josh Fraser. Not keen to pay the early price that seems required.

Donā€™t mind the look of Ladhams.

Chris Ladhams

Ratugolea is just too small to ruck at afl level, full stop. His leap means he can compete at centre bounces, but heā€™s just badly outsized at throwins especially where heā€™s less likely to get a run up.

I like him as a development kpp prospect (especially with a 2.93 sec 20m sprint time!) but I donā€™t think heā€™s a legit afl ruck prospect.

Ratugolea is just too small to ruck at afl level, full stop. His leap means he can compete at centre bounces, but he's just badly outsized at throwins especially where he's less likely to get a run up.

I like him as a development kpp prospect (especially with a 2.93 sec 20m sprint time!) but I donā€™t think heā€™s a legit afl ruck prospect.

In a similar vein, what do you think of Onagle?

Ratugolea is just too small to ruck at afl level, full stop. His leap means he can compete at centre bounces, but he's just badly outsized at throwins especially where he's less likely to get a run up.

In a similar vein, what do you think of Onagle?

Havenā€™t seen enough of him to say.

If we want some ruck backup this year Iā€™d be looking at snagging ladhams or lynch with a late pick, depending on how they tested. Or waiting for Hayes next year.

Chris Ladhams

Isnā€™t he the guy that got off the plane from Adelaide crying?

Where the fark is the 'Can Play Footy' test? EH????????

Exactly. Some of the top prospects hardly feature. A couple of years ago someone said Ambo ran the beep test off the scale. ( Edit: Ambo: 16.3 , record around 17.0 : Sebastian Coe)

They got it all wrong. They need to play a game called Beep, these guys would be brilliant at it.

Butā€¦ butā€¦ he has hair like NicNat. Doesnā€™t that mean he has to be the same player?