Tac/u18 Thread

Week in, week out, there was one bloke who was BOG in just about each and every game he played.

How do you ignore that?

Pick the best footballer in the draft please, not the best athlete.

ā€¦ nor the best ā€œleaderā€ nor the best ā€œintervieweeā€.

Throwing a name out there because I've heard there are multiple clubs keen on him in the 20s is Josh Begley from Eastern Ranges. Plays very similar to Venables and only just missed out on selection for the All Stars game.

Think he has been mentionsd in a couple of threads. What kind of player is he?

Powerful forward who can go through the midfield. Very similar to Venables he would be the best comparison

Anyone listen to road to the dra ft?

The entire show revolved around St Kilda because they had Tony Elshaug in.

He gave bugger all away for most of it. The only minor point of interest was that he had his top 3 as: McCluggage, Ainsworth, McGrath.

He gave bugger all away for most of it. The only minor point of interest was that he had his top 3 as: McCluggage, Ainsworth, McGrath.

He was rather boring.

Iā€™m starting to want McGrath more just because of the relentless campaigning for Clug going on. Not sure who in here ā€˜needsā€™ convincing, you buncha control freaks.

I'm starting to want McGrath more just because of the relentless campaigning for Clug going on. Not sure who in here 'needs' convincing, you buncha control freaks.

Seems like a good reason

Itā€™ll be very interesting to see where Marshall and English end up. Could either of them slide to 20?
Someoneā€™s going to do a Laverde and get to us at 20.
With a lack of talls it probably wonā€™t be them, but someone will really surprise I reckon.

I'm starting to want McGrath more just because of the relentless campaigning for Clug going on. Not sure who in here 'needs' convincing, you buncha control freaks.

Seems to me like there is more McG boosterism going on.

Seems to me like there is more McG boosterism going on.

For the last 3 weeks.

Thanks mate i canā€™t be bothered listen to their dribble sometime especially if Essendon isnā€™t involved

It'll be very interesting to see where Marshall and English end up. Could either of them slide to 20? Someone's going to do a Laverde and get to us at 20. With a lack of talls it probably won't be them, but someone will really surprise I reckon.

No way English will slide to 20. Marshall on the other handā€¦Still wouldnā€™t take him there

It'll be very interesting to see where Marshall and English end up. Could either of them slide to 20? Someone's going to do a Laverde and get to us at 20. With a lack of talls it probably won't be them, but someone will really surprise I reckon.

No way English will slide to 20. Marshall on the other handā€¦Still wouldnā€™t take him there

Marshall really has slid out then. I think heā€™d be worth a shot at 20 if he was still there

I reckon Marshall is very likely to be taken by one of the clubs with multiple first rounders. Heā€™s a massive risk to be gambling your only high pick on, but if youā€™re GC or someone and you own half the first round, why not take him with a pick in the teens or something? (Disclaimer: I have no idea whether GC have a pick in the teens) After all, thereā€™s not a LOT of tall talent in this draft, and if youā€™ve gone safer mid options with a few early picks, it gives you a bit of leeway to gamble if youā€™ve already banked a couple of top 10 mids or whatever.

1 Like
Week in, week out, there was one bloke who was BOG in just about each and every game he played.

How do you ignore that?

By not picking that bloke

I reckon Marshall is very likely to be taken by one of the clubs with multiple first rounders. He's a massive risk to be gambling your only high pick on, but if you're GC or someone and you own half the first round, why not take him with a pick in the teens or something? (Disclaimer: I have no idea whether GC have a pick in the teens) After all, there's not a LOT of tall talent in this draft, and if you've gone safer mid options with a few early picks, it gives you a bit of leeway to gamble if you've already banked a couple of top 10 mids or whatever.

Yeah spot on HM. The real wildcard in this draft is that 5 clubs have 2 picks or more before our second selection (pick 20).

That could see some clubs being slightly bolder and picking for type, as long as they are somewhere around the mark and not reaching like crazy.

Gold Coast will shape the draft essentially. They have picks 4,6,8,10 and then their next selection isnā€™t until 70.

The other four clubs with 2 selections before our pick 20 are Brisbane, GWS, Port Adelaide and Sydney.

I think GC will overlook Marshall, but youā€™re right, I donā€™t think heā€™s a chance to get past Port.

I think GC will overlook Marshall, but you're right, I don't think he's a chance to get past Port.

he can be their new Butcher.

I think GC will overlook Marshall, but you're right, I don't think he's a chance to get past Port.

Agree, I reckon Port will take him