Tac/u18 Thread

So. Do we take a risk and go for s top rated big mid who’s been injured? A decent at everything one with no weaknesses?

Idk I think well fall down the ladder but not far enough to be in Rayner. Fogarty territory.

Watched the double header at Etihad last Friday and Kardinia Park on Wednesday. This group is nowhere near as strong as the 2008 crop. It looks a limited draft in 2017. So it may mean EFF holds on to one or two players for an extra year.

Or get in a couple of really good VFL players.

Pipe dream: seeing if we could put together something with our first rounder (plus Dyson and a 3rd rounder obviously) to get our hands on GC’s hat trick of second rounders (currently 23, 24, 25) and just try to draft a bunch of decent at everything midfielders with picks 23, 24, 25, and our 2nd rounder 26. I’m all in on trying to get a large core of decent midfielders rather than one great one a year.

That’s ■■■■■■■ crazy talk though, we’ll keep our first rounder. I’d prefer a decent all rounder if there’s one there (maybe Dow if his form ramps up?), but I’d rather take a risk on an injured mid than squint at some flankers and imagine them as midfielders.

1 Like

@Riolio your dream.

with the decent all-rounder route, isn’t it basically a redman type? x3?

Watching VC vs SA right now.

doesn’t seem to be any properly bullocking mids, a la hopper, oliver, wines, brodie.

theres kids that love the contested stuff but they seem more solid than big. Worpel seems less imposing.

Theres a lot of decent disposal/running types from the few games i’ve seen.

I think we might need to trade our first rounder out for the midfielder we want (hopper maybe)

I don’t know projected outcomes or phantom drafts, but in a similar mould, i like walsh for VC as well.

Looks like a less prolific goal wise mccluggage in terms of movement and kicks.

Cassidy Parish’s kick Shudder

He’s so big and strong but jeeze makes kicking look harder than clarke.

Really like the look of Dow in the first quarter, shows a certain kind of desperation I think we need.

Are the games available on the AFL site? Or are the Estonian?

the latter.

1 Like

PM incoming…

1 Like

Cassidy does a lot of similar things to darcy but the execution is a way off.

Maybe we see him with our 3rd rounder like we did with clarke?

Darcy Fogarty looks a very versatile player.

I think if we had pick 1 he’d be our go out of rayner, davies uniack and himself.

imo we’;d go fogarty > DU > rayner.

But that allies ruckman looks a very good prospect.

this is the one.

That’s DeKonning (spelling?) I believe.

lucocious(sp?) and smoosh(sp?) are ripping names.

1 Like

Isaac Rankin is a meh name until you realise it’s actually Izak Rankine

2 Likes

I wish the commentators would talk more about the actual play instead of 15 minutes a quarter about the draft process.