Tac/u18 Thread

Looks like adam banks from mighty ducks with a mullet.

3 Likes

@Aceman has SA youth development taken a huge step forward this year?

looks a marked improvement on previous years in terms of team cohesion.

Just posting a lot don’t mind me.

VC look lost without the ball in worpels hands.

I really like Worpel, despite his moustache.

1 Like

Is he the type of player you were talking about before?

100%
Like if instead of Myers and Colyer you had two Worpels I think that would lead to a way more robust midfield.

1 Like

Probably by the end of the year he’ll be either a top 10 pick or a third rounder and I’ll sound like a chump in hindsight, but whatever.

1 Like

Looks mighty impressive vs SA, about their only midfielder doing anything up to the 3rd.

Speaking of, done some absolutely stunning bits of skilli n the 4th.

1 Like

Haven’t been watching too closely this year as I’ve either been OS or tied up with local footy commitments. My son is also out of that age group now and I used to follow it closer because many of his mates were playing.

1 Like

Thats fair, look to have a very good crop of talent this year.

Recent check of the map shows he is playing in the wrong district and should be playing for metro.

2 Likes

Brayden Crossley seems way to happy.

It’s a bit frustrating that two of the best mids (and in the All Australian team there, though they’ve been plonked in the forward line) are Moore and Higgins, and they’re both under 180cms…and we just can’t go there any more.

2 Likes

Joe Dirt.

This guys got a lot of clips of players in the u18s.

1 Like

Will Sutherland chooses Cricket over Footy… big call as he was touted as a top 5 and the best Key forward in the draft

Yeah, huge call for him. Made the call based on what he enjoys the most, apparently, which is fair enough. The kid is 18, if he can’t chase his dreams now, when can he?

I think footy has gotten the last couple of serious dual-sport prospects (Whitfield and Battle, from what I remember), probably cos the odds of making a go of it are better and because the career trajectory of Alex Keath scared some guys into taking the safer option. I don’t give even one tiny little damn about cricket these days, but they’ll be thankful they got one…

2 Likes

Maybe his dad will start paying cricketers now.

McGrath too