Tac/u18 Thread

I think I meantbDay. 21 not 23.

Plus the idiots who think Heppell is a HBF

1 Like

He does, but shanks em a little too often. Can be frustrating.

None of whom ever went near the midfield.

1 Like

Our top 2 picks from last year are half backs that can run through the midfield in mcgrath and ridley.
Dunno where you guys are getting the link to this game the afl website doesnā€™t seem to have it on the advertised page.

McGrath sure plays a lot of lock down back pocket for a half back.

As for weā€™ve turned Ridley into anything, prior to debut? Total rubbish.

Itā€™s over, man.

1 Like

Iā€™m talking what dodoro says every draft. ā€˜So yeh his a half back that we are gonna have develop to run through the middleā€™.

From todayā€™s game, and based on our needs and current first selection, I like Oā€™Brien, Clark, and Richards, in that order. I was also impressed with Starcevich and Stoddard.

1 Like

He also reckons we got 7 guys they couldnā€™t believe were still there!!

Actions > talk

Ridley will play half back.
McGrath plays back pocket, will play mid.
Begley forward, eventually mid
And two out and out mids

Thereā€™s hardly a proliferation of anything except a leaning towards mids.

1 Like

Allen was the standout tall for meā€¦I didnā€™t see every second of the match, but I didnā€™t see many mistakes from him.

Oh, and Crossley. I thought he was a big Mumford-typeā€¦but there was an overlap run to receive in the centre, followed by the i50 pass that surprised me.

Iā€™m not an expert U18 watcher, but I did watch the equivalent game last year. Frankly, I was pretty unexcited about the match. Did really feel many were particularly clean or special. Thought the skills were less than last year.

But that is a very amateur opinion!

Iā€™m at the ground :wink:

A lot of top 10 talent wasnā€™t playing too.

Good (if we keep the pick).

Twomey did say only Rayner would have made it into the top 5 last year if he was in that draft class.

So last yearā€™s draft was deemed more talented and certainly with lots of depth.

Funny Twomey said Parish would have been number 1 if he was in the draft last year.

Yes I heard him say something similar.

At around July / August he had McGrath at 6 in his Phantom Draft and suggested that McCluggage was 1 and the equal of Parish who went 5 the previous year.

By October he had certainly changed his tune.

2 Likes

Anyone know whether its possible to get a replay anywhere?

Donā€™t think one will come up, really wish the AFL site would save it on their site like most games, itā€™s very annoying

1 Like

So with all the talk about trades using picks 11 and 28, are we likely to be forced to use 46, 65 and 83? Only rookie upgrade I can imagine is maybe mcniece? Draper too early. So some pretty late picks in a weak draft seem pointless.

If we want any use out of the draft, surely we need to hold on to 11 somehow? Challenging trade period to balance this, but need 11 for the draft