Tac/u18 Thread

We won’t have a third round pick anyway.

I think we might look at him with a late pick.

so picks 48,67,85
who do you think we will get guys…

1 Like

It’s possible we upgrade Long rather than use 85.

First… we need to delist a couple of guys from the senior list to make room.

Why would he upgrade long. He’s barely shown anything in the VFL. Less than Francis and many are happy to trade him.

I’m just suggesting it’s a possibility.

I agree Long didn’t have a great year and he did get suspended twice but he may be a better option than a kid at pick 85.

Cassidy Parish might start looking good that late.

3 Likes

Agree, i like taking younger brothers they always seem to perform better than their siblings because they know what to expect coming into the AFL system. Not saying Cassidy will be better than Darcy but i think he would be a good get and fit our needs of a young inside mid.

Shane Harvey

2 Likes

Nathan Ablett.

To be fair, Nathan won a GF

So did Mario Bortolotto…twice.

Means nothing.

Scott Selwood

Nablett was still a decent pick up given what they got out of him for a third rounder.

Joe Daniher, zac merrett, joel selwood is a younger brother there are a bunch of them, of course it doesn’t apply every time but i think on weight of numbers the younger siblings are good players.

I see your Shane Harvey and raise you Justin Crawford.

1 Like

I see your Justin crawford and raise you a brad lloyd

1 Like

Fog suggested weeks ago we were only taking 1 pick, and upgrading 2. (I assume Draper + Long).

If that holds still (and our trading suggests that we weren’t that fussed with this draft), then it’s 48, then rookie picks.

So what they days to me is that @benfti needs to get to work :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I’m all for upside picks. If we could find another Cale Hooker with 48 that would be ideal.

6 Likes

I feel sorry for the bloke that gets taken at the number one Essendon draft pick for 2017. The weight of expectation will be huge.

4 Likes

McGrath is the bare minimum quality I expect from our first pick.

4 Likes