Tac/u18 Thread

Yes in the sense that you no longer have to read their name out on draft night as your last draft selection(s). No in the sense that it counts as a draft pick for the purposes of “you must take three selections in the draft”

2 Likes

So we could go to the draft. Select Parish with 47. Then be done.
(assuming Long and Draper upgraded)

Then have 3 picks in the rookie draft.

1 Like

Yup

What’s the chances Bonar will slip to 48?

2 Likes

Cheers SplitRound.

Good job in the ‘done deals’ thread too :+1:

1 Like

Zero.

1 Like

If there are two siblings simple chance would indicate it would be 50/50. So that both groups have examples doesn’t make me think there is a real difference.

I think there is as much chance of these draftees coming from the mature aged picks/hidden gems thread as here. I think we might get a few guys like Hind, Ryan, Grigg.

What about Worpel?

Any chance?

In a weakish draft that could be somewhere near his window, so long as no other recruiting team overflowing with 2nd rounders falls in love with him.

I’d say unlikely, but his kicking would help our cause.

Based on what you’d seen previously would you take him. 12 months ago you seemed a massive wrap?

Rankine looks like a once in a generation type.

What a freak

Yeah, he was great for an underager 12 months back. But he needed to step up his disposal to be a higher-end pick in his draft year, and I don’t think he did. Draft in recent years hasn’t been generous to inside guys with questionable kicking. Look where Clarke went, after a dominant TAC season.

As to whether I’d take him - well, at 48 he’d be a nice option I reckon. Just so long as people’s expectations of him are based on him being a pick 48 rather than ‘our first pick’.

4 Likes

Any more detail?

To lazy to research myself

Thanks. That’s kind of what I was thinking. Is his kicking that bad? Looked reasonably ok from the snippets I’ve seen so far (and I’ve seen 2/5ths of stuff all). Compare to what I saw from a little of Davis-Uniacke who’s highly rated (but again, not a decent sample) I didn’t think it looked any worse, and Worpel was getting it in more pressure situations.

At this stage I have no idea, but kind of liked the concept of the highly valued inside guy who started to get questions over his kicking and subsequently fell to something around 48. I reckon this is a genuine draft “genre” that isn’t necessarily that recent. If you remember pre Andrew Swallow’s draft the internet reviewers rated him very highly, but he fell to, I think, about 54 come draft day. Clarke is probably the most recent example.

There may be arguments about whether we want that type though, given we took Clarke last year, but it’s worth a think.

*Usual disclaimers around draft thoughts. I haven’t seen anyone beyond a couple of YouTube packages. And have no idea about what we should even be looking for at this stage.

1 Like

Does everyone think Parish is worth a look at 48 or are there going to be better options available?

Cheers.

Looks pretty good. Can’t kick to save himself but his action doesn’t look terrible.

If you could work on his composure and decision making when kicking he’d be a great get. Any chance for our picks?

Next year’s draft