Tac/u18 Thread

Oakleigh giving Western a bath as expected. Collier-Dawkins with his best half of TAC for the year, still genuine top 20 prospect

1 Like

Rozee 24 disposals and 10 marks in a SANFL final

Oakleigh smashed Jets
Rowbottom 23 touches 10 tackles
Collier-Dawkins 20 touches and a goal
Oā€™Halloran 17 touches, 8 tackles, 1 goal

5 Likes

Rozee is clearly going to be a special player.

Rozee was very good again today but I reckon Woodcock will be a bolter. Absolutely fantastic today and his last few weeks he has been exceptional.
Some real good SA talent on show today. I must say Lukosius didnā€™t do a lot but you can see the makings of a good player but not sure he is going to turn into this once in a generation type like many are proclaiming

4 Likes

Itā€™s really interesting how hard it is to pick a top 10 comp player (the comments re Lukosius). The approach of using early second rounders on players with the most upside just shows how hard recruiters must find it.

And then you think about how injury plays such a huge role. Gumby is an obvious example. But Iā€™m more thinking about how Fyfe is a jet, but could very easily have the whole second half of his career ruined. Hird almost didnt come back from the foot.

Anyway, is Woodcock a late selection ala Fanta?

Woodcock could well be inside top 20.
I actually think Rozee will go before Rankine now aswell. Western Bulldogs have shown a stack of interest in him

1 Like

Players that only get a state combine invite almost never go top 20. Will Powell last year an exception rather than the rule.

Yeah Iā€™m basing it more on the fact that I reckon one of the SA teams could grab him inside 20. Port or the Crows could have 3 picks in the top 20 potentially and if they do I can see Woodcock getting taken.

Also being 174cm you donā€™t see many players drafted that early who are that tall. You would think someone like Valente or McLennan would be the SA players taken earlier

From what I can make of Valente he has had more interest shown in him by a couple of interstate sides moreso than SA ones. I think he will end up at WC.
With all the SA talent Iā€™m still unsure of which way both clubs will go and if their main targets are gone whether they choose the next best or the next best SA kid

How would you describe Woodcock?

Little bit like a rolling pin. ā€¦

11 Likes

Short and stout, lacks penetration

This was never going to end well

10 Likes

In Under age comp or sanfl reseve / seniors?

Hard in the back 50.

ā€¦Iā€™ll get me coat

1 Like

SANFL seniors

If we end up keeping our first rounder, someone like Rozee or Hately look like great gets.

Wow. Hately gets bog in ressiesā€¦ Rozee says hold my beer.

4 Likes

Bark is worse than his bite.