Tasmania - ANNOUNCED

Tassie Icers. … :smirk:

1 Like

With live trades 4 times a year? Gil wants to know how much he can pay you for ideas.

1 Like

Southern Sons

1 Like

Always thought a Tasmanian team is a bit ridiculous. I really don’t think they have the population to sustain it, considering this would also be a hit to Hawthorn (actually, maybe its a good idea!). And hate the idea of a 19th team. Further dilution of talent, hitting the draft for a couple of years, and adding in a bye.

If it was moving a Victorian team down, I’d consider it as more sustainable then.

1 Like

Similar population size to Geelong and cap at ground too from memory.

EDIT: Ok i’m off here. 200K in Hobart 250k in Geelong.
Blundstone arena cap: 20K
GMHBA : 36k

I reckon with the current Tassie “boom” going on, they likely envision enough People to sustain it by the stated timeline.

You guys all celebrate, and then the Tassy team poaches Jason Laycock.

But… but… we already have the Tigers…

Oh. I see. GREAT idea !

1 Like

Southern Storm?

They also probably think by that year Tassie will be like Victoria was 10 years ago climate wise.

(South Australian and other large Wine makers have been buying up prime Grape country down there for the past 5 years [some already planted] as the climate has gotten better for vines,… and they are banking on it continuing to get better,… eg: more like SA’s Barossa over the coming decade)

3 Likes

Please just fold North and move them down there. Irrelevant club.

1 Like

Now that I think about it… would they call it Tassie? Or need it to be linked to a city?

No other AFL club is state named

As such Hobart Devils

Hoooo-boy, you bet they would. Turf wars down here are next level - L’ton and NW coast hate Hobart with a passion, so any team would need to encompass all regions in name, so Tassie it would have to be.

2 Likes

I reckon they’d go with the "Tassie"State name this time, definitely.

Want the whole Island to feel a sense of ownership, … not alienate anyone from Launceston or elsewhere due to feelings of rivalry etc.

1 Like

Yeah I guess makes sense.

Get the whole state on board

Upon second thought West Coast isn’t aligned to a city either.

Crows to Adelaide, but “pride of South Australia” in their theme song

1 Like

They’d need to base the club in the centre of the Island, then.

Have actually wondered if they might split home games between Launy and Hobart.

I think they would, (at least some games in Launy)… IF they had a decent stadium in each City. Not sure that’s very likely though.

Pity both Cities are so far Nth and Sth.

WTF didn’t they put their capital in the middle of the East Coast ffs?? :no_mouth:

Reckon this is a monty. Would arguably get the whole State on board.

1 Like

West Coast is close…

1 Like

Tassie leeches. Coz that’s what they would be.

More compromised drafts.

More AFL mouths to feed.