Tasmania - ANNOUNCED

Ok, a more considered edit: I’ve read some doozies of posts and opinions on blitz, but yours takes the cake. Jack Hill the blind is so fitting. Congratulations on THE most moronic and ignorant post here I’ve ever seen. Tassie has contributed so, so much to VFL/AFL footy over so many years, yet received two-thirds of F-all in return. Do yourself a favour and Google a list of Tasmanian footballers who played at the top level, and educate yourself you ■■■■■■■ moron.

7 Likes

We have West Coast and Gold Coast, so why not South Coast?

It’s not a South Coast of anything, … it’s an Island of it’s own, … like the mainland is.

It, itself has a South Coast, … but that wouldn’t make any sense unless they were playing in a Tassie comp.

BRING

3 Likes

Southern Vortex.Yes, it’s awful. Doesn’t make it any less likely.

2 Likes

Southern Spirit

I’d go the other way and reduce teams to 16.

-Send GCS to NT
-Send GWS to Canberra
-Merge Norf & WB and move them Tassie
-Merge Dees & St Kilda just cause

Leaves a team in every state & territory and a fixture where you can play most teams over two years, without the season being much longer than now.

Let’s just call them Northern Antarctica to keep everybody happy.

9 Likes

N A Ice featuring Ben Cousins as head coach

3 Likes

Yeah. Pipe Dream though.

That would not be “Growing” the game.

.,… and would be uneven still. Reckon one of if not the main priority, is parity.

It would likely be “growing” the game more than the current situation or just throwing more random teams at it.

Would probably make more money too, through better quality games and having more sustainable teams.

Playing everyone over two years is pretty fair. You could solve the problem of the gap in the second year with a bi-annual Soo game.

1 Like

Said it years ago and I’ll say it again.
Don’t need GC, don’t need Tassie.
You want to grow the game, it’s J-berg.

I like ‘Tassie Greens’ 'cos when they turn to sh*t we can call them the Tassie Browns.

Southern Sons… or is that brothers? Uncles?

leaking info to dwayne is genius, if its poorly received, just chalk it up to him being a ■■■■■■■.

1 Like

should be the Tassie Sharks… or Apple Isle ciders… or King island blue brie…

OR the Roaring forties… Tassie “smoked” Salmons… Sponsored by Tassel…

They should definitely do it. I think it would work, particularly if they didn’t try and call them a fancy name or have a weird jumper, but simply call them Tasmania with the old Tassie.

Clearly the AFL are already planning this as the team to step in when they finally shutter the Gold Coast, even if they’re not saying it publicly. Give them another 1-2 terrible seasons and the pressure to wind them up will be overwhelming.

1 Like

The Tassie Siblings

1 Like

Step 1. Announce team, games split north and south
Step 2. Announce team will be based in Hobart
Step 3. Watch AFL Tasmania tear itself apart over this thundering insult of not having games in the northwest. No games in Devonport? Richo’s from Devonport. Richo! This will not stand. And why shouldn’t Launceston be the home base of the team? What AFL player wouldn’t want to live in Launceston. Launceston’s just as good as Hobart. They even have a Nando’s now.
Step 4. Never have Tasmanian team

5 Likes